Getting out

rymick

I would say I get out for some adult time an average of once every one to two months. It's hard for me to find a sitter but with my oldest bing ten already, I think this season of my life will pass soon enough and I'll be getting out more often. Let's just hope I'll still want to!

Lena51

I would say you will want to get out more often to be around other grown up friends because it will do you a world of good. When you come home to the kids you will be a better relaxed woman. Just to have some friend time will do you really good because the conversation won't always be about the kids. It could be about networking with friends, hobbies, crafts or other friend get-togethers. Make it a pleasant time with your friends.

Jailynnsgrandma

How often do you get out of the house with your friends without kids or your spouse? I don't that often but I got to go out with some girlfriends last night and it was so relaxing and refreshing.
Hi,

I very rarely do and I know that I should. It is strange that I don't since my kids are grown and I can. My problem is I work from home and spend time either working, cleaning or with my family. On the rare occasion when I do take the time to get out, it does feel great.

artistry

I used to go out more. I also used to vacation more, but lately because of circumstances, I am more of a home body. But I try to stay very busy mentally, that is very important to me. I also try to exercise as often as I can, not rigorous exercise, but slow and steady as she goes. "o)

Lena51

I do know what you mean about exercise. I also go "O" I believe it's telling us something, exercise more often, maybe. I don't get out much anymore either because I am either on the computer late nights, reading, filling out some type of papers, bills or wake up to late. But I have been trying to get out more often the pass two months. I think, we ladies need to form a group so we can run each other out of the house, get together at least three times a week, so we can refresh our mind and do something entirely different. That would be fun, don't you think.

Other than church activities I rarely get out. And since my church activities often involve working with the kids and I am a mother and childcare provider at home that really feels like more of the same thing. I am trying to get a sitter lined up once a week so I can get out a little but so far it hasn't worked out yet.

Kellyk

I hardly ever get out at all. I really want to, but I just don't. I struggle a lot with depression. Most days I do not feel like leaving the house. I am going to start going somewhere, like Barne's and Noble's, just to be around people. I am a stay at home mom. I do not get enough adult conversation in my life. I really believe having a social life benefits your health. I think, it is also medically proven. I hope this helps you.

As a single parent it is often hard for me to get out and have a social life, but I try to get out with my friends every couple of weeks even if it is only for a few hours.

Laurasav

I don't have children or any family to speak of. It's just my husband and I. I try to get out with my girlfriends as often as I can. They work though and their schedules don't always allow much time for me. I try to have lunch or dinner with them at least once or twice a month though. I cherish times spent with them. Many of my friends live far away, so I spend time "talking" to them on Facebook! :)

Melissa

Honestly never. My son is 2 and I think I've gone out with the girls maybe twice. Both times for my birthday. My husband on the other hand goes out everyday to the bar after work and goes out with his friends most weekends. Guess its just the price us moms pay....sigh...

Honestly never. My son is 2 and I think I've gone out with the girls maybe twice. Both times for my birthday. My husband on the other hand goes out everyday to the bar after work and goes out with his friends most weekends. Guess its just the price us moms pay....sigh...
That's not fair at all. Choose a couple of weekends to leave the baby with his father.

Andrea4

I go out as often as I can, but that isn't often. I actually feel guilty being away for long, my children are still very small and need a ton of attention. I think that going out once a month is actually fine. It still keeps you in contact with friends, but during this important time I think it's better to be home. Pretty soon the kids will be older and will need less time and energy; that will be when I get more 'me' time to do my own thing.

artistry

I am not as active as I would like to be, due to having a very bad back. So I am in my house most of the time and make myself satisfied with the situation. I used to travel every year all over, Bermuda, St. Thomas, California and many other very nice places. I am so happy that I traveled when I did, as I have great memories. Cheers.

Sage

I attend "Game Night" with a group of women about once a month. We play board games, try new foods and generally just hang out.

Lena51

Not only getting out at night but you can take some classes to be around other people and go from there. But that's a start say for example, take a class at Michael's Arts and Craft Store or an adult training center. That way you will meet other people and get a chance to hang out with them and then they may invite you out with them to have some fun. Or you guys can get a "Get Togetherness" going on when everyone is free afterwards. That is a way to meet new friends also and talk about adult things.

missnc35

I am a single parent so the chances of me getting a night without my child is unlikely. I haven't had a night out without her in a year or so. It's hard for me to leave her in anyone''s care because you never know nowadays. My family isn't very helpful so that rules them out. My child's father lives out of state so he's not even in the picture. Hopefully I can get one of those nights soon because I definitely need it.

ssamcd

When my children was younger I never had a chance to go out and socialize with my girlfriends. Kids, house, family and a business took up all my time. Now, I enjoy at least 2 days a week out for dinner or shopping with friends. Sometimes more. My social life with my friends have picked up quite a bit since my children are raised.

Lena51

I didn't go out when my children was small either but a little. I had my aunt that would watch mine though, but we mostly had house parties until the kids were older. So maybe you could get that type of outing going on with a few friends and have a nice outing like that so you would have your kids with you and they could have a special room for the kids and a sitter to come in to watch them while you guys had a big grown-up time together. Do that sound like fun? Try one of those because we had fun like that when our kids were small. The kids went to sleep and didn't have to worry about waking them up to go home.