Trick to drink more H2O

Mrs. Rogers

Ah! Have you seen those mini water dispensers? It looks much the same as our regular 6 gallon water dispenser but this one is the mini version. I have one that I place on top of the table next to my desktop. Its mini water container can hold 8-10 glasses of water (2500ml) of water, and I use this as basis for my water consumption. I compel myself to consume the entire mini dispenser and I replace it in full daily. :)
I have seen these before and wanted to order one quite a few times but wasn't sure if I'd end up following through with actually finishing all of the water!

konstantina

That's all great to get enough water, as sometimes we forget to do that. Dehydration can cause diziness and you don't even realize what is wrong. Be careful to calculate how much water you need, though. Not everyone needs the same amount. It is easy to find out, you need 30gr for every kilo you weight.

pattc

I like to track my water content by placing 4-16oz. bottles of water under my computer table. I sip periodically during the day, and when the bottles are empty, I know I have reached my goal.

britwade

I have grown to love water. I used to be an every day soda drinker. I still indulge every now and again if I'm out to eat with family. I learned to limit myself. Water is the only thing that can quench my thirst these days.

dziomek

I have gotten into the habit of keeping a big glass of water beside my computer, as that is where I seem to spend the most time lately. I try to drink at least 2 of them during the day; they are 16oz glasses, so that is more than I used to drink - which was less than a glass each day. I know it still isn't the recommended amount, but it is a step in the right direction.

That is a good idea. The other thing I like to do is have the 64 ounce water jugs. When I drink these all I know I have drank the recommended amount of water for the day.

zukichucha

My trick is to drink some water everytime I enter the kitchen. I only drink a few gulps at a time but since I go into the kitchen many times throughout the day I am pretty sure I get enough to drink. I am going to start tracking how many bottles I go through in a day just to be safe though.

Suzie

Until I became pregnant I didn't used to drink water. I don't recommend this being the way to start increasing your water intake. ;) Now I drink it constantly. I would love to get one of those mini dispensers.

chabella

All Lady
I need to figure out how to drink the right amount of water each day without feeling so bloated. I have no idea what is going on but serious water weight has been an issue lately. :oops:

I have a 1-gallon jug of water that I keep in the fridge because I am not a big fan of water unless it is very cold. I make it a point to empty that jug every day to ensure I am getting enough water.

shaunche

I have a gallon jug of water, I fill it up and drink it throughout the day. I add lemons to the water to flavour it and alkalize the water. Sometimes I add a green tea bag and let it brew through the day - a good way to make your water even healthier!

beyreNC

My problem is that I'm borderline diabetic (probably am, but can't afford the doctor right now). I'm constantly thirsty (major symptom). But, if I drink too much liquid of any kind, my feet, ankles, and even my calves can swell. So, oddly enough, my swelling is my indication on when I've had enough liquids.

2 years ago, when I found out about my blood sugar levels via my Dad, I switched from drinking sweet tea to unsweet tea. Just by doing that, I dropped 20 lbs of weight. Pretty sweet! So, unsweet tea is my major drink all day. I switch it up with a small glass of orange juice, a small glass of pepsi, or a small glass of milk (or some combination thereof).

Someone mentioned about not drinking until thirsty. I've read several times over the years that the 8 glasses of water a day is only a recommendation, not a rule of thumb. Many people need more and many need less water in a day. And even that varies from day to day depending on many factors (environment, health, food intake, emotions, etc).