Trick to drink more H2O

lettuce

I came up with a good system recently to ensure I'm drinking enough water. What I do is rotate an eight ounce glass on my stovetop to the next burner every time I drink a glass of water. Because there are four burners, it only takes two trips around to get enough water for the day.

Trudy

This is a smart idea. You can always plop in an ice cube or two to make it cold water. That's what I do. Another thing you could do is just set the glass on the burner and pour the chilled water from the refrigerator. That would be my only suggestion. I love the idea.

Sarah C.

I think that is a great idea! What I have been doing is having my container of my days water in the refrigerator. It is 64 ounces and when it is empty I have had my days supply of water, This has really helped me, as I found I was not drinking nearly enough water, because I just was not that thirsty. I feel physically better since I have been doing this.

amy71219

I've also put a container of water in my refrigerator. This way I know how much water I'm drinking. There have been days were I thought I was drinking enough water but once I thought about it I wasn't drinking close to enough. I would get so busy during the day that making sure I drank enough water not something I was thinking about.

Ah! Have you seen those mini water dispensers? It looks much the same as our regular 6 gallon water dispenser but this one is the mini version. I have one that I place on top of the table next to my desktop. Its mini water container can hold 8-10 glasses of water (2500ml) of water, and I use this as basis for my water consumption. I compel myself to consume the entire mini dispenser and I replace it in full daily. :)

chabella

All Lady
I have these amazing water bottles that I have been using at home and when I am on the go. They are made by DFL and they are huge but not bulky, I can pour a ton of water in, add a little MIO and off I go. Right now I am averaging about 7-8 each day, not counting any water from foods that I eat.

Wolfette

I think its cool that you found something that works. My motto is whatever works, keep doing it. I know that most of us have a hard time drinking the amount of water that we should. I'll bet most people don't drink 2 cups of water a day, let alone 7 or 8.

We all know that we should, but don't and need reminders like your trick. In fact, you have just reminded me that I need to drink more water :eek:. Why is it such a hard habit to keep up on when it's so good for us?

freshfoodie

I have been really trying to drink more water myself. This sounds like a great idea to keep track. I love Mio Chabella, it makes drinking water almost bearable. I just try drink at least one glass of water between every other beverage I drink.

btatro

Anything that can help ensure you are getting an adequate amount of water is a great idea! Personally, I have a 28 oz water mug that I fill up 2-3 times per day. Having a larger quantity of water makes it easier for me to keep drinking. I also find it is easier to drink more with a straw.

Hi
I buy a 2 litre bottle of water and ensure that i finish that each day. I love water, unfortunately my daughter does not for some reason milk is her drink of choice. However i am working on changing her mind

I turn on an every-2-hours alarm to alert me to drink water. Some days I work so hard and I forget to notice I am behind in my water intake schedule. Distributing your water intake through out the day is better than having a bulk-water-drinking. As for the night during my sleep, my alarm is turned off, but I have a bottle of clean water beside me and whenever I wake up in the middle of night, I would drink.

hunysukle

That's an interesting idea. I simply fill up a 1-gallon jug of water and make sure I drink it all before the end of the day. It's very difficult for me to drink that much water, but I try because I know how important hydration is for the body.

Myrrh

I don't really have a problem trying to drink more water. As far as I can remember, I have always been a big water drinker. I always have a glass or a bottle of water beside me. I often feel thirsty, so I make sure that drinking water is always around.

misumaru15

I drink water, but need to increase. I am trying to lose weight. When I am getting in my correct dose of water, the weight does go down.

Parker

That's a neat little trick. Anything that helps you get the necessary water for your health is a good thing. I have no problem drinking enough water. I got sick ten years ago because I drank soda instead of water. Once you really start drinking water, your body will crave it.

Anna T

Thank you for all the tips! I used to keep a 20 ounce bottle of water with me at all times. I aimed for about 80 ounces a day, so this meant filling it up four times a day. Some days I would be successful and other days I wasn't. It is just hard to drink that much water.

I remember I felt so much better when I was drinking that much water though. I really need to start back again.

BonnyC

I like to flavor my water. I do use Mio from time to time, but I prefer lemon. I get this True Lemon stuff at the grocery store which is just packets of dehydrated lemon juice. They're the perfect portion for 16 ounces and I love them!

These tips are all really helpful! I'm one who doesn't think about her water intake until she's thirsty, and yes, I know that's bad, haha!

dissn_it

These tips are all really helpful! I'm one who doesn't think about her water intake until she's thirsty, and yes, I know that's bad, haha!
LOL, me too! I like these tips posted here and will start trying today to drink more water. I have been wanting to for quite awhile now. I know that water can do so much good for your health. I feel kind of silly for not doing it!

We drink bottled water, so my way of making sure I drink enough every day is to buy the 20 oz bottles and place 4 of them in the fridge every night to drink the following day. I usually drink the first bottle in the morning before I workout, then I'll drink another one while I'm working out and the last 2 over the rest of the day.