Treat days

Parker

I don't have cheat days either. I have read that they can help accelerate your weight loss. The influx of calories is supposed to bump up your metabolism. If I want a treat, I just eat it when the feeling hits me. I usually just eat a handful of dark chocolate almonds or dark chocolate cashews.

gina121

Once a week it is for me. I do it more than that and I'm left with guilt pangs to deal with. It is usually over the weekend when I'm too tired to prepare something healthy that I end up doing a takeaway of not-so-healthy foods from a nearby eatery.

Jessi

I usually just eat a handful of dark chocolate almonds or dark chocolate cashews.
Mmm. That sounds really good right about now.

You're right about how the change in calories will help boost the metabolism, but I don't think that requires cheat days unless you're eating exactly 1200 calories every single day. Just fluctuating by a couple hundred throughout the week should be sufficient.

Cheat days? Who am I cheating? Is there a quiz?! Sounds like depressed days. I guess I'm lucky in the fact that junk food really doesn't appeal to me anymore. When I do have some, I feel sick. About two months ago on a road trip I indulged in gas station junk food and it was an unpleasant experience.

Parker

Cheat days? Who am I cheating? Is there a quiz?! Sounds like depressed days. I guess I'm lucky in the fact that junk food really doesn't appeal to me anymore. When I do have some, I feel sick. About two months ago on a road trip I indulged in gas station junk food and it was an unpleasant experience.
First, I love your user name and avatar. I miss DS9. :(
Cheat days don't have to be for junk food. The point is to eat the foods that you have restricted from your diet. Just typing this makes me think of a slice of hot apple pie with a scope of chocolate ice cream. BBQ ribs, pizza or ravioli. I might need a cheat day after writing this post. :D

I don't have specific 'treat days' so to speak. I am not regimentally strict, so will have things when I want, but I never go overboard and my snacks are quite reasonable. An apricot danish every few days for example. I think this was works better, for me at least.

Treat days make me crave them and look forward to it, and make me tempted and guilty, I don't think that's how it should work.

chabella

All Lady
I have cheat moments not days, it could range from a really nice meal at my favorite place to eat or something as simple as some candy. As long as its not a 24/7/365 deal you should be okay.

claudine

I'm a little ashamed to confess it, but I don't have strong will at all. I just couldn't be on a diet if I wasn't able to break the rules from time to time. Every day to be honest:p . Every evening, while I'm reading a book, I eat two little candies. I eat them very slowly, so it feels like whole pack of candies. It's my way to relax and spoil myself a little:D .

FirstBaby2011

How often do you allow yourself to eat junk or have a "cheat" day? Is it everyday, every once in awhile or barely at all? I'd estimate my diet is half healthy and half unbalanced.
I mainly stick to a diet of fruits, vegetables, nuts, meats, and some grains on a daily basis. I eat ice cream or chocolate once or twice a week. From past experience, waiting longer than a week for a little "cheat" will result in me going overboard with sugary treats, which is quickly followed by guilt and regret.

sandooch

If I'm doning well on my low-carb diet, I can't have a cheat day. It throws me into a binging tailspin. I will allow myself to go off plan on a holiday, but it's a son-of-a-gun to get back on plan the following day.