Treat days

lettuce

How often do you allow yourself to eat junk or have a "cheat" day? Is it everyday, every once in awhile or barely at all? I'd estimate my diet is half healthy and half unbalanced.

Sugarhill

Truthfully, I don't get into cheat days for the most part. I will have moments where I will try to do something strict with my diet as an experiment to see how my body responds, but for the most part, I'll eat what I want over waiting for that one day and potentially going overboard. I think the lesson to be learned should be self control for the entire week versus letting go for one day.

I would say mine is half and half as well. I try not to cheat, but sometimes I just crave something salty. I love chips, candy and ice cream. That is my weakness. I try to eat healthy when I can. I love fresh vegetables which definitely helps a lot.

ssamcd

For me it depends on if I have visitors. Today a friend of mine came an brought a cake we had with our tea. I do not usually eat any cakes, or cookies, or potatoes chips. I stick with the veg, and fruits and meat. But since I have some cake in my refrigerator I guess I will be tempted and have one. I am fine when I am on my own.

I don't really have cheat days. Every day I give me self an allowance to have a small cheat. Because I'm not thinking about it so much, often I will go the entire day eating healthy and I don't even think about it. It works for me.

Ja'cobeC

This is a problem right here, I have cheat day everyday. I'm trying to change this before I put on a lot of pounds. I think this is the reason my belly is kind of big lol.

shaunche

I don't have a 'cheat day', I have a scheduled cheat meal or a carbohydrate re-feed. The problem with having a cheat DAY is that you can do a lot of damage if you eat junk all day, negating the healthy eating for the rest of the week.

beckyv1265

I never diet or worry about my diet. I make a conscious choice to eat basicaly a good diet but if I want something I eat it. As long as you eat well most of the time and get enough exercise you should not have to worry about what you eat.

shaunche

I never diet or worry about my diet. I make a conscious choice to eat basicaly a good diet but if I want something I eat it. As long as you eat well most of the time and get enough exercise you should not have to worry about what you eat.
It depends what you mean by most of the time. You could eat three healthy meals per day and one treat, you would be eating healthy most of the time but I wouldn't consider that to be healthy in the long term. Treats just make me want sugar more.

beckyv1265

I feed my kids 3 healthy meals a day and I also feed the 2 snacks or treats a day. They are extreamly healthy kids with no weight issues.

Jessi

I don't have set cheat days, no. I do eat more junk than I should right now, but in general, I keep it in check pretty well. Even if I have it a few days in a row, I may not have much for the next couple weeks, so it's not a huge deal for me.

JoshTheBoss

Instead of cheating, I just have a smoothie. Creamy from protein filled yogurt. Sweet from fresh berries. Textured with shaved ice.

Yum! I want one just talking about it.

Nina

I don't have a cheat day, but I do allow myself a piece of chocolate at the end of the day or the day after if I go through my whole day and accomplish at least five things on my list, including a 30-minute walk to make up for the chocolate ahead of time. I feel like I win.

freshfoodie

Generally, I eat 90/10, which means 90% of the time I eat healthy and 10% I don't. If I want to have a cookie or a piece of pie, I do. I just don't overdo it. If we go out to dinner and want dessert, we usually share one. I don't deny myself things because then I just end up binging on it later when I feel deprived.

JoshTheBoss

Generally, I eat 90/10, which means 90% of the time I eat healthy and 10% I don't. If I want to have a cookie or a piece of pie, I do. I just don't overdo it. If we go out to dinner and want dessert, we usually share one. I don't deny myself things because then I just end up binging on it later when I feel deprived.
That's a good way to look at things. I try to follow the "moderation" idea. It's not at strict, but it works for me. The general idea is that you can eat or do or have anything in life - you just need to do it moderately.

Laurasav

I am fairly careful about what I eat and normally stay away from high fat foods, except when it comes to dessert. I do like chocolate decadent desserts! I eat some kind of chocolate every day! I just gotta have it! But I exercise daily and keep my main meals pretty healthy. And I try not to eat TOO many hot fudge, mint chocolate chip ice cream puffs! LOL!:D

AnonaMoss

The longer I stay away from unhealthy foods, the less satisfying cheat days become. Sometimes I'll have pizza or icecream, but I don't have a designated time to have these things. If the craving strikes and I haven't had a cheat food in a while, I will have it.

Lena51

I think it's alright to cheat some days if you have that craving and just have to have something sweet. But try to do a healthy cheat to satisfy that craving. I am sure we all can find something we like and then not feel like we have cheated at all. For example, if I feel I need something sweet, I get a nice cup of tea or a good cup of coffee and put some creamer in there and the taste for sweets go away. Just put some honey in there for your sweetener.

srj

Once a week I consume a little caffeine and some sweets. Usually I buy two cans of Coca Cola and some bag of sweets.

Cassia

There are days in which I crave for potato chips, chocolate, or doughnut. These moments happen rarely and so I usually give in to these cravings, but I know when to stop.