Quiet time

freshfoodie

Do you have a hard time clearing your mind? I have a hard time sitting still and even when I am my mind s racing. how do you get your mind to be quiet so that you can relax.

My mind is always on the go, but I have found keeping it occupied with crosswords or something actually helps quiet the raging thoughts so my brain can get a break.

Elkheart

Honestly, until I started getting into meditation, yes, I had a hard time. A friend taught me to meditate and after I had been doing it for a while, it became easy to slip into that "zen" state and clear my mind. I have also learned to concentrate on something enough that I can shut out disturbing thoughts.

gmommy

I put on some very quiet soft music and get lost in a good book. Something totally mindless but interesting. To me that is more refreshing than anything I could do.

Cassia

With all the things that I have to do and with all the worries in my mind, I honestly find it difficult to have a moment in which I can toss out everything in my mind. But my mind needs a break, too, so I lie on my bed and play my favorite tunes, read a good book, or immerse myself in a good movie.

Irma

Switching from something mental to something physical for awhile works for me. Even something as simple as playing ball with the dog is good.

fit2be

I feel like this today! It's like I can't get a clear mind. I can't concentrate on what I'm working on either. My mind is everywhere all at the same time. I think the only way to stop it tonight is to go to bed.

chabella

All Lady
Only when its right before bedtime, I am usually in bed tossing and turning for almost an hour before I fall asleep. And to make it worse, I have been like this since I was a child with no clue as to why.

Hedda

I always end up reviewing the day after I turn in for the night. Then, of course, I have to plan my day for the next day. Once I do that, I can relax and drift off to sleep.

earthfan

My mind tends to want to keep going even when I need to go to sleep. One thing that helps me is to write. It's a good way of clearing your mind. It can be a journal or just a list of things you need to accomplish the next day.

Lorelei

My mind is always busy. I'm constantly planning things. It doesn't matter if I'm watching television, driving the car or in a relaxing bath. My mind is going a thousand miles per hour. I wish I did know how to turn it off sometimes.

Patinka

My quiet time is rare. I used to enjoy good massages, relaxing baths and spa treatments. After my son came along, that was the end of my time for just me. Maybe when he's a little older, I can find that time again.

Basil Nut

We must learn to clear our minds of all those little nagging things. Research shows that those small stresses we go through every day over the long haul are extremely dangerous to our heart health and lead to diabetes, depression and even cancer. Stress hormones are supposed to get human beings through survival crises. Nature didn't intend for them to be released on a constant basis.

Claudette

Nature music

I like to relax to some of those CDs that play the sounds of nature. Right now I'm enjoying thunderstorms and rain. Does anyone here like to turn off everything except for this artificial sound and block out the world? What do you listen to?

wanderingherb

I just wrote an article on sleep deprvation. However, the suggestions made in this article would be useful to assist our over active brains since that is what ultimately cause much of the sleep deprivation!

Sleep Deprivation

kamcalli

As silly as it sounds I do have my own quiet time but its usually before I fall asleep. I am not an instant, hit the pillow and I am out type of person. Some nights I wish I were but that is enough quiet time for me, about 30 minutes a day.

xtina3907

I fill my bathtub up with bubbles and light some candles. Sometimes I will turn on some music. I rarely get this time so when I do I make sure I enjoy it to the fullest.

clewand550

I am always thinking about something. Even when I'm laying down trying to fall asleep, my mind is racing with everything that I need to do or things that happened that day or something else. Very seldom can I lay down or sit down and have a clear mind.

hunysukle

I have this issue a lot myself. My mind will keep racing all day long and I can't just relax. I have found that listening to classical music or other relaxing music helps.

My mind is always racing. It's become a serious problem for me, and sometimes stops me from sleeping well. For me, yoga was very helpful for this back when I had the money to take regular classes. Now... well, I'm hoping to be able to get back into yoga soon.