Power of prayer

Ronald Ramos

Spirituality is another aspect of the human person. It is by nurturing spirituality that a person develops optimism and a positive outlook in life. I'm primarily an agnostic but I promote patient's to pray or do their rituals because it will help calm them. But I think most of the benefits of prayer comes from the meditation or calming aspect of it, and not exactly divine intervention.

2Nature

It's one thing to not believe in God and whoever wants to do that I don't care, it's his choice. But prayer, when we are talking about Christianity is a direct conversation, or should I say addressing to God, not some self-help enjoyable feelgood practice technique. Also, do not confuse meditation with prayer because these are two different things. Meditation is practices in Hindu religions.

Ronald Ramos

It's one thing to not believe in God and whoever wants to do that I don't care, it's his choice. But prayer, when we are talking about Christianity is a direct conversation, or should I say addressing to God, not some self-help enjoyable feelgood practice technique. Also, do not confuse meditation with prayer because these are two different things. Meditation is practices in Hindu religions.
Prayer does involve quiet peacefulness in the body since one is talking to an entity (in this case God) which in turn smooths one's feelings. It is akin to meditation because of the relaxing effects it brings. It is like talking to a caring friend after a bad event or breakup. After the talk, you feel relaxed and in a state of eustress. This is the same with prayer and I believe this is the reason that every Sunday I walk out of Church I feel revitalized and ready for any challenge in my way.

I believe in the power of prayer 100%. I've been in tough situations where I didn't know how I was going to make it. I prayed to God for guidance and made it through.

2Nature

Prayer does involve quiet peacefulness in the body since one is talking to an entity (in this case God) which in turn smooths one's feelings. It is akin to meditation because of the relaxing effects it brings. It is like talking to a caring friend after a bad event or breakup. After the talk, you feel relaxed and in a state of eustress. This is the same with prayer and I believe this is the reason that every Sunday I walk out of Church I feel revitalized and ready for any challenge in my way.
First of all, I understand your point. But you are still talking about the feeling of relaxation though it is a self induced state. Praying does not default answering. Again, I'm talking about Christianity. You need to live Evangelically thus abide God's laws to deserve the answering and delivered state of peace.

I think prayer is a big part of good health. Keeping all parts of your life positive can do nothing but help you overall. I pray constantly. It helps to keep my anxiety down. Do what works for you.