Men Hugging Men?

freshfoodie

I find it funny that someone actually thinks hugging is a problem. Two women hugging doesn't even give us a moments pause, but for some reason in this homophobic society two men hugging is considered odd.

shaunche

I find it funny that someone actually thinks hugging is a problem. Two women hugging doesn't even give us a moments pause, but for some reason in this homophobic society two men hugging is considered odd.
It is a shame. For me personally it's not really a problem with hugging men but hugging people in general. I just don't feel comfortable when hugging someone, even my mother! It is something I need to work on because human contact is good for you.

It is a shame. For me personally it's not really a problem with hugging men but hugging people in general. I just don't feel comfortable when hugging someone, even my mother! It is something I need to work on because human contact is good for you.
It is very good for you. It's essential. Humans were not meant to be alone. We're pack animals.

shaunche

It is very good for you. It's essential. Humans were not meant to be alone. We're pack animals.
Indeed, we are incredibly social animals. Pre-history there were no police etc - punishment was isolation from the group. Isolation would likely lead to death because we had to cooperate with each other in order to survive.

Luvkenny

I see nothing wrong with men hugging men! I hug other women so why can't my husband hug another man. I think people that find a problem with men hugging men are homophobic. Most of the men in my life shake each others hands but they have been known to hug before.

Lena51

It's alright for a man to hug another man I feel. Wouldn't you hug your brother if you hadn't seen him in a long time or if he won something or even accomplished something great? A person has to be comfortable in there own skin in order to be able to do this kind of thing. Everybody I hope is not thinking about just because he does that, that he is gay, even though we know there are a lot of gay people.

ohiotom76

Maybe some guys are uncomfortable being hugged by gay men if they sense that person is attracted to them. Which does happen. There are female friends of mine who have expressed interest in me, and sometimes I have to limit our physical contact if they're getting too huggy and touchy feely all the time - I'm not heterophobic, just trying to send a subtle message without being confrontational about it.

xenon

Maybe some guys are uncomfortable being hugged by gay men if they sense that person is attracted to them. Which does happen. There are female friends of mine who have expressed interest in me, and sometimes I have to limit our physical contact if they're getting too huggy and touchy feely all the time - I'm not heterophobic, just trying to send a subtle message without being confrontational about it.
Yesterday I bumped into a gay couple, friends of mine on a roof top car park while parking. I usually hug them whenever we meet and sometimes they kiss me on the cheek. I don't normally give two hoots but for a moment I remembered we were very much in the public gaze. But I decided I really don't care less. They a great friends of mine.
In this day and age we can be whoever we wish to, in most countries at least.

Randomhero

We see it in sports. Sometimes we wonder whether they are getting a bit two friendly when they score a goal in soccer.:rolleyes:
The cyclists in the Tour de France continuously kissed cheeks of both sexes.:)
But do you give another man a man hug when you haven't seen someone for a while?
As long as they dont get a boner and remain straight it should be fine lol!

I am confident as a man and have no problem. I have a couple gay friends and they all hug and even some of my closest friends I will give the handshake/hug to on a regular basis. I don't do it with any random person when a handshake will suffice but I do it with my buddies with no problem.

AnonaMoss

We see it in sports. Sometimes we wonder whether they are getting a bit two friendly when they score a goal in soccer.:rolleyes:
The cyclists in the Tour de France continuously kissed cheeks of both sexes.:)
But do you give another man a man hug when you haven't seen someone for a while?
I'm a woman and i've always thought society is so unfair. Straight men should be able to be affectionate without fearing that they will send the wrong message. I think it's very unhealthy in the long run. Hugs and even kisses on the cheek shouldn't be viewed as something more. It leads to some men being emotionally stunted.