Greek Yogurt

I prefer Greek Yogurt over regular Yogurt. The taste is more appealing and as stated above, Greek Yogurt has more health benefits. Greek Yogurt also makes a great deep conditioner. Just add apple cider vinegar and honey.

beckyv1265

I lived in Greece for about a year and I am very fond of greek yogurt. But I love all yogurt products. I eat it daily to keep my stomach and bowels working fine. I find that if I eat yogurt I don't have as much gas problems when I eat so many vegies. lol

I have had it before, but only on my Gyros. I will eat plain yogurt, though, so I am sure this taste just as good as that does!

iluvmario

I like all kinds of yogurt. Greek yogurt is way healthier, it has more protein and less sugar. My favorite brand is Oikos. They have key lime flavor that tastes just like key lime pie. It is even the same consistency. I eat them all the time.

sandooch

After tasting Greek yogurt, I can't stand any other yogurt. It's like having eaten American cheese for years and then suddenly getting a taste of some delicious sharp cheddar chesse. Your taste buds come alive. And the texture is so creamy. Fage Greek yogurt is the only one I buy.

gina121

I love Greek yogurt. The major differences between Greek and regular yogurt are that Greek has more strains of probiotics than regular, Greek is higher in protein and lower in carbs/sugars than regular and Greek is low fat without being watery like regular. It is a bit thicker and creamier so it isn't for everyone. I would suggest sticking with brands like Chobani and Oikos (the Stonyfield version not the Dannon) because Yoplait and Dannon are not "real" Greek yogurt.

Thanks. That's comprehensive. I've often seen it in the supermarket but never tried it, always sticking to the regular ones. About time I give it a shot.

shaunche

I love thick, rich and creamy Greek yoghurt. Full-fat dairy is better for you because it requires less processing and all of the vitamins in milk are fat-soluble.

Greek yoghurt is quite expensive but you can make your own by straining natural yoghurt. Strain overnight and you have Greek yoghurt.

freshfoodie

I love Greek yogurt far better than the sugary crap like Yoplait and Dannon. I generally get Stonyfield Oikos. I agree that the Dannon and Yoplait versions are not real. They don't even taste close, they are gritty and disgusting. If you want it a little sweeter try adding honey or fresh fruit or both.

It is thick, very. I have to have my Greek yogurt full of fruit and granola to mask the taste of the yogurt! I use a lot of granola and nuts and it tastes good to me, just as long as it's not plain! Ick.

meowcow

I've tried it and it does seem to feel healthier. The packaged ones in the market, I can't really trust fully because they taste a little bit too good and commercial to feel like they are super healthy. I'm not saying they aren't, just that they might be a little too processed. Greek yogurt from a restaurant is awesome though and it really helps after a big Greek meal. After I first tried it I figured out why they drink it after a meal because it really felt like it helped with digesting all that food.

FirstBaby2011

Is anyone here a Greek yogurt fan? Honestly, I haven't tried it though I have seen some. It looks thicker than the 'regular' ones. I wonder if Greek yogurt contains more probiotics or is a healthier choice than the others.
Greek yogurt is okay. It is difficult for me to eat it plain because it is rather thick for my liking. However, I do like adding it to my morning smoothies to give it a little more texture at times. I've also heard that it's great to use in certain recipes.

claudine

I've tried Greek Yogurt only once and I didn't like it, for me it was too thick. But if it's so healthy, maybe I should eat it. If I add a lot of delicious fruits it should be tastier I guess.