Greek Yogurt

Myrrh

Is anyone here a Greek yogurt fan? Honestly, I haven't tried it though I have seen some. It looks thicker than the 'regular' ones. I wonder if Greek yogurt contains more probiotics or is a healthier choice than the others.

DixieMarie

I haven't tried it yet either but I have heard some good things about it though. I think it is a little more expensive then the regular kind too. Maybe I will look for some next time I go grocery shopping and give it a try.

I love Greek yogurt. The major differences between Greek and regular yogurt are that Greek has more strains of probiotics than regular, Greek is higher in protein and lower in carbs/sugars than regular and Greek is low fat without being watery like regular. It is a bit thicker and creamier so it isn't for everyone. I would suggest sticking with brands like Chobani and Oikos (the Stonyfield version not the Dannon) because Yoplait and Dannon are not "real" Greek yogurt.

Paisley

I am glad to know the reasoning behind the Greek yogurt. I love the Fage kind and it's hard to justify spending the extra money. If it has more probiotics, then it's worth it to me.

wonderfuls

People keep telling me its the best out there but I am very picky when it comes to my yogurt, there are only a few brands I will try. Getting me to try a new one is like pulling teeth. What is so good about it?

Myrrh

I love Greek yogurt. The major differences between Greek and regular yogurt are that Greek has more strains of probiotics than regular, Greek is higher in protein and lower in carbs/sugars than regular and Greek is low fat without being watery like regular. It is a bit thicker and creamier so it isn't for everyone. I would suggest sticking with brands like Chobani and Oikos (the Stonyfield version not the Dannon) because Yoplait and Dannon are not "real" Greek yogurt.
Thanks for this substantial information! :) I love yogurt, so I'm definitely going to try Greek yogurt especially now that I got to know more about its nutritional content. I will buy some when I do my food shopping this weekend.

Randomhero

Greek Yogurt is the BOMB, if you get the plain kind with some granola, your looking at a healthy snack. very high protein, good calories, and high fiber!! Can't go wrong!

dissn_it

The first time I tried greek yogurt, I got a blueberry flavored one. I loved it! Since then I have tried other flavors and they are all really, really good. I have also used the plain greek yogurt in recipes and prefer it over using the regular plain yogurt. I's say try a your favorite yogurt flavor in a greek yogurt. I think you will like it, too!

Parker

I bought Greek yogurt a few days ago. I wanted to add more protein to my diet especially at breakfast time. I bought the plain version because the fruit ones had too much sugar for me. I added a little almond granola to give it a crunch.

It's definitely an acquired taste for me. It has a 'chalky' taste to it. I'm going to keep eating it because the benefits outweigh the taste. I'll be experimenting by adding spices and maybe vanilla flavoring to make it more palatable.

SoftRain

I don't like regular yogurt, so I haven't tried Greek yogurt. I hear wonderful things about it as well, and it makes me a little sad; I wish I liked yogurt.

BonnyC

I've tried it in the past. I didn't find it appealing in the least. It was sour and just overall nasty. I know that other people love it and that's fine. I'll take my regular probiotic yogurt! For what it's worth, I got several flavors and all of them were inedible to me.

amy71219

I love greek yogurt! When I first tried it a few years ago I got plain greek yogurt and that was not good but with fruit in it it's great! My favorite is the FAGE brand. It has the fruit in a seperate compartment than the yogurt and then you mix them together. It's more expensive than regular yogurt but worth it in my opinion.

konstantina

Greek yogurt doesn't have more prebiotics, but for all the rest said above I agree. It is also the best product to use if you want yogurt for a recipe. You should also know thatin Greece, it is actually considered regular and they have purest yogurts that everyone seems to make. Pitty we can't try those.

artistry

Great information here. Thamks much. I have not tried Greek Yogurt, but have also heard some very good things about it. Must give it a try.

hunysukle

I would love to try Greek yogurt sometime. I keep seeing the commercials on tv, so it's kind of tempting. However, I had no idea that Greek yogurt had more health benefits from ordinary yogurt. I simply thought it was just another type of yogurt that's thicker or tastes different from other yogurt.

shaunche

Proper Greek yoghurt (not Greek 'style' yoghurt) is my favourite yoghurt. Rich, thick and creamy. I like eating it with a swirl of honey, toasted almonds and chopped apple - a delicious dessert.

Ownageprankers

I love Greek yogurt. The major differences between Greek and regular yogurt are that Greek has more strains of probiotics than regular, Greek is higher in protein and lower in carbs/sugars than regular and Greek is low fat without being watery like regular. It is a bit thicker and creamier so it isn't for everyone. I would suggest sticking with brands like Chobani and Oikos (the Stonyfield version not the Dannon) because Yoplait and Dannon are not "real" Greek yogurt. It's definitely an acquired taste for me. It has a 'chalky' taste to it. I'm going to keep eating it because the benefits outweigh the taste. I'll be experimenting by adding spices and maybe vanilla flavoring to make it more palatable. Overall, I prefer Greek yogurt over any other type of yogurt.

Parker

I love Greek yogurt. The major differences between Greek and regular yogurt are that Greek has more strains of probiotics than regular, Greek is higher in protein and lower in carbs/sugars than regular and Greek is low fat without being watery like regular. It is a bit thicker and creamier so it isn't for everyone. I would suggest sticking with brands like Chobani and Oikos (the Stonyfield version not the Dannon) because Yoplait and Dannon are not "real" Greek yogurt. It's definitely an acquired taste for me. It has a 'chalky' taste to it. I'm going to keep eating it because the benefits outweigh the taste. I'll be experimenting by adding spices and maybe vanilla flavoring to make it more palatable. Overall, I prefer Greek yogurt over any other type of yogurt.
Seriously?? Please don't do this again.

Back to the topic: I have been adding freshly ground cinnamon to greek yogurt and it's great. It's still a bit chalky.

Mrs. Rogers

I've tried a few but don't like all of the watery stuff that's in them. I opened them and there was literally like a water all over the top. I guess you're supposed to mix it in, but eww.

I love Greek yogurt too!! After I had Greek yogurt the first time, I seriously can hardly eat regular yogurt now, haha! I didn't realize it was so much healthier, though. Now I feel vindicated. :)

Greek yogurt is particularly awesome with agave nectar and blueberries. Yum!