Drinking Vinegar

gmommy

I have a friend that drinks 2 tablespoons of vinegar in water every night before she goes to bed. She says that it helps her with indigestion and generally makes her stomach feel better. Does anyone else out there take vinegar on a regular basis?

Weezle

Not on a regular basis but it is supposed to help. It's also supposed to help you with weight control. I could never get past the taste though. You also need to make sure you brush your teeth after drinking something acidic like this so it won't eat through your enamel.

DixieMarie

No I've never heard of this and I would like to know more about how it helps you with weight control? I'm not sure I could get past the taste. The smell is bad enough!

ThymeandTide

I really don't think I could drink vinegar in any type of drink. I do eat greens sprinkled with vinegar, but that's a bit different. Vinegar on it's own, even in water would be horrible.

Leah

I drink pickle juice, out of the jar, sometimes. I think straight vinegar would make me gag. I believe, I heard that vinegar aids in digesting food. Is that the same thing as indigestion?

naturelady

I drink pickle juice, out of the jar, sometimes. I think straight vinegar would make me gag. I believe, I heard that vinegar aids in digesting food. Is that the same thing as indigestion?
I've heard that one, for indigestion and for morning sickness for some people.

I've also heard of taking some apple cider vinegar daily. I don't know how people get past the taste! Maybe if it was in some other food?

I like to drink vinegar water but it has to have salt in it too. I can't stand it without salt. I also LOVE pickle juice. When I was a kid I would eat a whole pint jar of dill pickles that my mom had canned and then drink the juice. I don't go to that extreme anymore though. I've also heard that the vinegar aids in digestion as well as helping to cleanse the body of impurities.

I used to do this with apple cider vinegar every morning. I was told it was not only good for indigestion but also for joint health and immune health. It's not so bad if you have it in hot water with a cinnamon stick. It just tastes like hot cider.

i am curious as to how it could aid in weight control? I can have that amount of vinegar everyday, if it can really help with weight. I know I can tolerate the smell and the taste.

Suzie

I'm going to have to research this a bit more. If it really does help with weight control, I would be willing to give it a try.

I believe this is what Fergie the singer is also doing as part of her diet secrets. I haven't really tried it but looks like I will now because of some results that I also see with my friends.

SteveBrad

Great reply

I am thoroughly convinced in this said post. I am currently searching for ways in which I could enhance my knowledge in this said topic you have posted here. It does help me a lot knowing that you have shared this information here freely. I love the way the people here interact and shared their opinions too. I would love to track your future posts pertaining to the said topic we are able to read.

shaunche

I wouldn't drink vinegar, it is highly acidic and could cause stomach ulcers if drink it. When I was at school, a friend was dared to drink a pint of vinegar, he did it and he was ill for weeks after. It caused havoc with his body internally.

Lena51

I drink apple cider vinegar all the time and I feel that it helps me with my arthritis problem. I'd rather have something natural than to have a drug to take and it makes me feel really good. I know it does help with your weight if you do it the right way. You do have to drink plenty of water and eat right for it to work though. I just love the way it taste. I also have a recipe that I will send you for five dollars plus SASE, that you would enjoy because it is for a total health drink, and you can't taste the vinegar at all and it's like vitamin water. You can contact me if you want.

Esperahol

The only thing I know about taking vinger has to do with heart health and apple cider vinegar. Honestly the taste isn't too bad or at least I find it comparable to grapefruit juice in how unpalable it is. Still if you are going to do it you should be sure that this won't agitate any previous issues or instigate any new ones like ulcers.

This is the first time I have heard of drinking vinegar for the stomach. I want to know more about how it helps with weight control. Vinegar has so many uses. Interesting.

Lena51

Vinegar has a lot of different benefits. If you are bothered with indigestion, for example, it clears that right up. Just drink it as soon as you finish eating and you won't be bothered with all that sour stomach and will be able to go about your day. No more upset stomach, try this out and tell me what you think. If you want to know about weigh control just let me know, the pamplet has all of that instructions in there.

gar

I won't drink vinegar either as it certainly can do damage. In fact we use to let a goat drink certain amount of vinegar to kill it.

I believe this is what Fergie the singer is also doing as part of her diet secrets. I haven't really tried it but looks like I will now because of some results that I also see with my friends.
But maybe Fergie drinks a bowl of vinegar and along it are sashimis :D
Hope Fergie will testify about how it works for her.

Mrs. Rogers

I have a friend that couldn't take much during her pregnancy for her heart burn and her OB told her to take a few spoon fulls of apple cider vinegar to help. She did and it worked like a charm.