Drinking Vinegar

Greenwoman

Back when I was dieting, I drank water and apple cider vinegar every day with crushed false dandelion root. I noticed that I was loosing a lot of weight. Even when I only took vinegar and honey, straight or mixed with water, I noticed that I didn't gain any weight. As for digestion stuff, I prefer peppermint tea.

anniep1978

I don`t have personal experience with apple cider vinergar but I know a lot of research has been done on the health benefits of drinking ACV daily.

The research suggests that it can help and/or cure acne, acid reflux, gastritis and also help to lose weight. I would reccomend that you only use Apple Cider Vinergar and not white vinegar though.

anniep1978

I just don't think I could do this. I have a bottle, unopened, of apple cider vinegar, and I can't even stand the smell. I won't be drinking it. :(
Sometimes you just have to hold your breath and take a big drink, it`s really not that bad once you get past the smell! Good luck:D!

catevanne

I use natural apple cider vinegar on salad and I have put it in water before-it has so many good qualities. It does help digestion and can also help you lose weight. Vinegar is also great for use around the house for countless things.

Greenwoman

I have also tried using apple cider vinegar for salads as catevanne has mentioned. I have always wondered about whether or not one could steep the apple cider vinegar in fruits and spices to make a vinaigrette of some sort. Has anyone tried this?

I think I may start taking apple cider vinegar regularly again. I need to shed some extra weight.

misumaru15

I want to start making a homemade dressing. I know it's tons better than creamy commercial dressings. I will have to hunt around for some recipes.

FirstBaby2011

This is interesting information. I am mostly interested in apple cider vinegar for my persistent acne problems. However, can anyone explain the difference between consuming apple cider vinegar as opposed to white vinegar? Is it just that it's more palatable or more calming to the stomach?

I'm not sure why but I never got around to trying it. I've heard a lot about the benefits of ACV. Even regular malt vinegar has it's benefits. The acetic acid plays an important role in metabolism, so that could explain why you are losing a lot of weight.

Greenwoman

Well, taste wise and herbal wise, I have found that apple cider vinegar is stronger. Whenever I apply it to certain blemishes they go away quickly while with synthetic white vinegar they linger. Also, I think that apple cider just generally tastes better.

pafjlh

It does seem like vinegar is one of those natural things that can be used in so many ways. You can drink it to treat acid reflux, keep you regular, for indigestion, and as a toner to treat acne. It seems to have many uses, and I'm sure I just skim the surface. However, even though there are many uses not just for the body but around the house, not all these uses may work for everyone, especially when it comes to using it for acid reflux, or indigestion so that's something to keep in mind.

jovan107

Vinegar is great for indigestion, but I would not take it more than twice a week. I use vinegar mostly as a shampoo for my hair. It does a great job cleaning my scalp and it fights dandruff.

shaunche

I love the taste of apple cider vinegar. I use it quite often to add a tangy kick to my meals. Apple cider vinegar is also good for making bone broth. The acid in the vinegar helps extract the goodness from the bones. I use a few tablespoons when making bone broth.

I read about this awhile ago, it was saying that drinking a few tablespoons of apple cider vinegar mixed in water keeps away belly fat and it also said that you can put it on your stomach topically and wrap it with saran wrap overnight to lose fat that way too.