Drinking soda associated with high blood pressure

Randomhero

It doesnt surprise me, with huge loads of sugar and carbonated stuff. I'm glad I dont drink soda anymore, I usually drink about 60% water, 30% milk, 10% apple juice lol

artistry

I love Wild Cherry Pepsi. My pressure does not appear to be affected, but then I am not monitering it when I drink the soda. Oh well, another guilty pleasure down the drain.

ssamcd

I agree. Too much sodium will retain the water which travels into your vessels, increasing the blood volume and pressure. I did not know that too much sugar can cause high blood pressure. I know it can cause diabetes. Interesting to know. :)

shaunche

It doesnt surprise me, with huge loads of sugar and carbonated stuff. I'm glad I dont drink soda anymore, I usually drink about 60% water, 30% milk, 10% apple juice lol
Apple juice is sugar, still quite bad.

We know a diet high in sugar will raise blood pressure. A high-sugar diet sugar also causes causes heart disease. John Yudkin was right, the scientific community is finally starting to realise the danger of sugar and the rea lcause of our health problems.

dissn_it

I am so glad that we have pretty much given up on drinking soda now! I am not too surprised to learn that drinking it is associated with high blood pressue. There is just no health benefit to soda. I can see having it once in a great while but some folks need to have it on a daily basis. That cannot be good for you to drink that much soda.

Waynefire

I am glad that I have decided to reduce my soda intake. Thankfully I did it before it really started to get a strong hold on my health.

Pat

Very interesting information. Soda is high in sodium which has been shown to increase some people with blood pressure problems. The acid in the soda also eats at your teeth along with the large amount of sugar causes decay in the teeth, more reasons to not drink soda.