Back Pain

kat74

I also suffer from backache too, Sleeping is a nightmare sometimes and changing mattress doesn't help either. Am tired of visiting one hospital after another so have decided to learn how to deal with it. I do minimal exercise every day before I sleep just to flex the back. That seems to help a lot.

Suzie

I'm going to tell my husband I read on the internet that a nice, new mattress might help my lower back pain. ;) I've been excising for years and it's always there. I blame the girls up top.

Ownageprankers

It sounds like you might not have enough support in your mattress. If you can't afford a new mattress you can always try putting a piece of plywood between the mattress and box spring. I would also suggest that if the pain continues you might see a Doctor. You could have a herniation or some other spinal injury. I am not recommending to you that you try this but it's just something a friend did. He had frequent back pains so he started sleeping on the floor. I think the hard floor helped him. Maybe a less extreme version of this solution is for you - just try to find a mattress that is a bit harder or a pad to put on the mattress.

Lena51

I have that problem also and have a firm support mattress and that helps me a lot. If not, you can use a piece of plywood to put under your mattress and maybe you will feel much better. Sometimes it's the matress that we are sleeping on that makes it worse. That is one of the most painful injuries that a lot of people complaint about. I wish you well, because I myself, know what you are talking about when you say those girls is the cause.

shaunche

My mum suffers from chronic back pain after a motorbike accident 10 years ago. She bought an orthopedic bed two years ago, it can be remotely controlled to fit her position on the bed. She says it has improved her quality of sleep immeasurably.

Lena51

I am so happy for her and I hope that she keeps improving and have no pain. I think those beds are the best as to what I have been told but when you are like myself and can't fit that in your budget right now. I'll have to start saving for one of those and one day I can buy one to try for myself.

EthanWang

Backache sure annoys you a lot. Beside of giving pain while youre working or just trying to stand straight, it can actually radiate to other areas :( .If you have fever or can't get to sleep during this time, please be very careful because it could be serious . To solve this problem, try practice stretching and massaging your back often (Heat therapy is also extremely effective ) and get healthy food proving calcium.

artistry

Try moderate back exercises, by sitting, lend back as far as you can, hold it, lean forward, wait, do it again for as many times as you can, but increase it gradually. Also try to strengthen your stomach muscles, this will help your back, it will improve in time.
In, addition, you may suffer from inflammation in your back. Get some Alfalfa, 500 mg., use 2-3 a day with lots of water. Or Omega-3 Fish Oil capsules. They reduce the inflammation and thus the pain. Good luck.

Esperahol

I have discovered that it can also be the position on sleeps in. When I was rather younger I discovered that the firmness or even the way the mattress was setup didn't matter as much as how I slept. The position I settled on is very similar to how lowland Gorillas sleep and I found that I woke up feeling just fine after a night's sleep like that. It's very similar to the fetal position.

Waynefire

To strengthen your back muscles you need to tighten up your core. I know when I was first dealing with my injury they concentrated on my abs and getting them tighter. This will in turn provide the core stability you need for your back.

shaunche

There are lots of simple back exercises you can do to relieve back pain by strengthening the muscles around the spine. Bird-dog, side plank, and hip bridges are all good exercises for relieving back pain and strengthening the back.

GGGuardian

It may be your mattress my friend. If you have a old out of shape mattress that may be causing the pain in your back you should look into getting a new mattress set if not go to a chiropractor to get your spine looked at.

Waynefire

I never thought of the mattress, I just seen you were looking for exercises. I have to agree with GGG it could be the mattress.