Your Pillowcase and Wrinkles

Myrrh

I often sleep with the same side (right) of my face, so I was quite alarmed :D to have read that this can cause creases on the skin as your face is pressed against the pillow. I might have to train myself to sleep on my back instead. :)

Wow this is definitely something new to me. I guess should be careful and aware with my sleeping posture as well. Thanks for this!

HealthyS7

I had to train myself to sleep on my back so I wouldn't get wrinkles. I am not even joking. I love to sleep on my stomach, but I love my face more than my own comfort. So now I sleep on my back and try not to roll over. I only sleep on my stomach if I am absolutely tired.

xtinguish

I often sleep with the same side (right) of my face, so I was quite alarmed :D to have read that this can cause creases on the skin as your face is pressed against the pillow. I might have to train myself to sleep on my back instead. :)
Huh? That's actually pretty scary to be honest. Seem's like everything is out to get us. I haven't had this issue, but I guess it depends on the pillowcase right?

dissn_it

I have never heard of this before. I am getting so much older now that I will be getting the wrinkles with or without my pillow helping them out.

shaunche

Sleeping on the side on your face will cause wrinkles in the long term. One way around it is to sleep on a silk pillow case. A silk pillow will not cause wrinkles and they are quite cheap to buy, worth considering.

Sugarhill

Sleeping on the side on your face will cause wrinkles in the long term. One way around it is to sleep on a silk pillow case. A silk pillow will not cause wrinkles and they are quite cheap to buy, worth considering.
Now, see I was just about to say that I had never heard of this and to suggest satin pillowcases. Perhaps, since I've been sleeping on satin pillowcases since I was a teen, I never noticed.

But, yeah, try satin or silk. It's better for your hair anyway.

hunysukle

I've also read about how sleeping on your side can cause lines on your face. I try to sleep on my back, but I end up sleeping on my side anyway. I heard that sleeping on silk or satin pillow cases prevent you from getting wrinkles. I would like to purchase them someday.

gidget

Is this true? I have never heard of this. I thank my mom for my half Asian genes ;)

She's 84 and is just now starting to wrinkle!

AnonaMoss

My pillow causes me to breakout. At first I was washing my pilliowcases once a week and now I have to wash them every three days. I've never heard about the pillow causing wrinkles, but that makes sense. Since I started breaking, out I sleep on my back now so it's good to know i'm also avoiding wrinkles.

Parker

I have noticed that my skin is not as elastic as it used to be. I really try not to worry about it to much. I do what I can, but I can't sleep on my back. Nope, I want to comfortable when I sleep. I will buy a satin pillowcase. Satin pillowcases are also supposed to be good for your hair.

Seriously? I have never heard of anything like this before. I will do a little more research, and try and force myself to sleep on my back :)

Mrs. Rogers

I guess I'll just have to wrinkle up then. I love being all smooshed up in my pillow and can't imagine sleeping any other way!