You Are What You Eat...

Lilandra

If you are what you eat, and we all know that it's true. Then why aren't
folks just terrified by all of the additives, and chemicals used to enhance
the color, taste and size of the portions of foods we eat.

I know convience is a key factor, most of us are struggling to keep up with all of the deadlines, so a prepared inexpensive meal goes a long way.

However, I limit what I buy from fast food businesses...I no longer order drinks or hamburger's. Sometimes, I'll get a baked potato and sometimes maybe french fries, I'm a potato fiend.

But my visits are few and far between.

CeeCee

I buy very few prepared foods. Why more people don't have this philosophy is beyond me. I guess it just comes down to a lack of time, but I'd rather have to spend a couple nights a week in the kitchen until 10pm prepping stuff than not knowing what my family is eating.

I've even started making my own mayonnaise and ketchup. I've been making our salad dressings for years now so I figured why not try condiments too. I haven't attempted mustard yet, but I will in the near future and then we won't have to buy anything bottled.

Clover

People don't consider the additives as part of what they are eating. Cooking is something that's done for special occasions and pop it in the oven or microwave is what's done each night. Folks short on time need to learning how to use a crock pot.

Saffron

Folks short on time need to learning how to use a crock pot.
Clover that's a great idea, Thanks! I use a toaster oven throughout my day because it cooks and heats up stuff really fast, but I never even thought about using a crock pot.

So, that's now going on my 'must have' list...:D

Dreyfush

I always try to cook my own meals. If time's a constraint, you didn't need to cook everything as if you were inviting someone to dinner. A simple salad can be prepared for less than 15 minutes.