Yogurt

curer

Is yogurt good for health? I'm told that Yogurt contains probiotic vitamins which are eminently suitable for maintaining perfect health? Do you think regular consumption of Yogurt is good for the health? Please share your thoughts.

enthusiast

I've been told that yogurt is good for health, too. It's not just any yogurt, though. You need to look for yogurt that says "contains active cultures" on the label, usually on the back somewhere.

curer

Enthusiast, thanks for your reply. But, can you please elaborate what is meant by "active cultures". I am a little bit confused. Because, I've not heard about it. I shall be thankful, if you could elaborate further. Thanks for your time.

Walter

Thanks Enthusiast for posting the link. I love yogurt and I like it plain. I usually make my own yogurt. I hear that you should add a bit salt it the yogurt before you consume it.

ThymeforRodney

I always eat yogurt. I've made it a regular practice every since I had some intestinal issues for a while. After I started eating yogurt daily, I don't have near as many problems.

natural1

I eat an Activia yogurt every morning. I suffer from IBS. This yogurt really helps me a lot. They say on the commercials if it doesn`t work you can get your money back. Well I wrote them an email and told them how it worked good for me and they sent me coupons. I always read the labels on yogurt though. I don`t want some loaded with sugar. I want something that will help me.

vanillabean

Yeah, yogurt is especially good if you are taking anti-biotics. You want to make sure that you get the kind with "live and active" cultures. Like the other posters said, it's supposed to help with intestinal problems as well.

mark5049

I would love to eat yogurt but I just don't like the texture of it. It's like a mix between melted ice cream and whipped cream. Are there any that "feels" any better on your tongue?