Will you sign up?

Lilly

I was just wondering if anyone here is planning to sign up for Obamacare when the exchanges open? From what I have read if you don't sign up pretty soon your coverage won't start in January.

herbalnut

I have other insurance, but after all the hype I did look it up to find out the prices and other information. From what I heard, you have until December 15th to sign up if you want to be covered in January.

SoftRain

I have insurance through my husband's employer. We only pay about $200 per month and get pretty good coverage so I don't think we even qualify for the exchanges, nor do I think we'd get a better deal. We are very lucky.

Aconite

I was thinking about it, as I don't have any insurance. I will check out the exchanges after the hoopla dies down. Too much traffic shut the sites down. I guess we have until March 31 to sign up if we don't want to pay a fee.

Lilly

I have tried to look at pricing, but I haven't been able to get through to the exchanges yet. Maybe when the government goes back to work they can fix the websites!

Aconite

People are complaining about the sites being down and stuff. Well, anyone who works with technology knows this stuff happens all the time. They'll get it fixed, and things will flow better. Keep in mind we're doing something that has never been done before. Getting everyone covered with insurance. There are a lot of powerful people who would like this to not happen.

Lilly

The posts I have seen from people who have signed up or have attempted to sign up are not encouraging at all. Most people have deductibles and premiums that are worse than they had with private insurers.

Aconite

Well, I for one am happy that this is all coming to the forefront. We cannot allow people to go without coverage anymore. I agree with Bernie Sanders of Vermont, I think we need a single payer system. If you still want to go get private coverage, then you can opt out and go get your own. That's how the UK and many other countries do it. It works out better for people than our system which leaves millions without anything.

chabella

All Lady
We have other insurance, besides that I would not take kindly to being forced into something I can not fully read before hand. I know some who have thought about it but most I know have already changed their minds by now.

Aconite

I don't like how people keep saying that people who don't work are going to get Health Care. Guess what? That's already happening! Why do you think our premiums keep going up? We're paying for those ER visits for people who come in and don't have insurance, whether we like it or not.