White nails

Lilly

I found a little trick for getting your nails white again after you use a dark color polish and I thought you ladies might like it. Just mix 1 tablespoon of peroxide and 2 1/4 tablespoons of baking soda and leave it on your nails for about 5 minutes. :)

Lyra

Oh, what a good trick! Thanks for posting. Sometimes I avoid the dark colors because they leave my nails yucky. I wonder what it would do if you just used it on your nails without them already being stained?

AppleMay

Sometimes your nails can get stained from doing other things around the house too so this sounds like a good trick. Thanks for letting us know about it. Lyra, I'm not sure exactly what it would do but it doesn't sound like something you would want to use on your nails all the time.

Lyra

I guess I was kind of thinking about how buffing your nails starts with sanding them with a very, very fine grit. It sounds like the baking soda acts a bit like sandpaper.

Hedda

Great trick! Why am I not surprised that baking soda and peroxide come the rescue once again in yet another way? I don't use dark polish, but my nails do tend to yellow with the light polish I use.