What do you do for dry cracked feet?

livingreen2012

My feet are cracked really bad and I picked at it. And now there these little places on my foot where the dead skin goes into the new skin and I cant get it off now. And it hurts really bad. I am going to try some of these things mentioned and see how it works for me.

beyreNC

I typically get rough cracked skin around the outside of the heels and hard spots on the balls of my feet. Which is odd because I sit for about 90% of my day at the computer working. Go figure LOL.

What I do is take my Dr. Schools ummm it's an oblong plastic thing with a handle ... has a coarse side and a fine side (akin to sandpaper). I just slough off the skin. Then I take my shower. Afterwards, I use Queen Helene's cocoa butter all over my body. It's been doing wonders for dry skin ... and for some of my minor scars (childhood scraps, etc).

Myrrh

I try to keep my feet moisturized by applying lotion or cream regularly and liberally. At night, I use petroleum jelly and wear socks. My sister-in-law taught me this method.

Lena51

That's good to know but I don't have that problem yet. What I do to solve that problem is soak my feet really well in the tub and then put on some moisturizing lotion and put some socks on while you are walking around at home everyday and that keeps your feet nice and moist. Never going barefoot has worked for me.

dziomek

These are all great suggestions. My daughter suffers from cracked feet no matter the season. I have tried to get her to use the Avon cream for feet, then sleep in socks but she wants no part of the sleeping in socks. I have told her it will help, but I'm just the mom -- what do I know? Teenagers these days! :p

beckyv1265

I got a massaging foot bath a few christmasses ago. I soak my feet in epsom salt then exfoliate with a ped egg. I then put utter cream on them and socks to cover them. WHen we farmed we used an utter cream you can get at any farm supply. The cows would get cracked sore teets from the cleanser we used before milking. The utter cream kept them soft and pliable. It works on feet wonderfully. I never have bad feet anymore. I only do this about once a week. I also do put moisturizer on my feet when I get out of the shower daily. I moistureize my whole body with either coconut or olive oil while my skin is wet.

I hate that. I usually use vaseline or cocoa butter right after I get out of the shower. They made a balm that you roll on the bottom of your feet I saw it on tv and it worked great. It's about six bucks just google heel balm. It's natural too!