What are your favorite soap scents?

Twinny

I just love lilac scented soaps. What are some of your favorite scents to use when making soap? Are some scents easier to work with?

EarthGirl

My very favorite scent is gardenia, but it is really hard to find a gardenia scent that is authentic. Most of them are too sweet, too cloying.

That is the same way I feel about vanilla-scented items. They just don't really smell like vanilla to me, more like sweet chemicals.

I LOVE almond-scented soap. YUM.

Joyce

My favorites are Citrus and Lavender. I like them the most. I mix up different combinations with these as the base and build from there.

Twinny

I agree about the vanilla. I can't find anything that smells like real vanilla beans. I also like Gardenia and citrus. I am gonna have to start mixing up some of those with my trusty old lavender.

Joyce

I just play with scents until I find one I like, but I always remember to write down the combinations so that I can recreate it later.

kamcalli

I am a sucker for almost anything vanilla but I have found some brands to be a little too overwhelming before. Right now I think I have something called ocean breeze and its not bad either.