Vitamin Water

remidies

Today I ran across an article about how Coca Cola is in a lawsuit over its so called Vitamin water. As the article reads it says that the vitamins are nothing but chemicals and the water is full of sugar. I could not find the date on this article. Does anyone else know about this?

soursop

This is the first time I heard about this, and if that is true, Coca Cola has become an irresponsible commercial generator and should lose its credibility.

curer

I am reading this new item for the first item. Frankly, I've not seen vitamin water in commercial establishments till now. May be, we need to probe a little deeper to find out the truth.

remidies

I just looked at the article again. Apparently the U.S. consumer group is suing over its marketing tactics. The company claims the drinks reduce the risk of chronic disease and eye disease, promote healthy joints and support immune function, CSPI said. All this claims even though vitamin water has 33 grams of sugar per bottle. Coca Cola says the contents are represented correctly on the labels.

Thyme

I had my suspicions about this. I never liked them. My husband swears by them, but I never gave it to my kids. Why mess with plain water. That is healthy enough for me. I get my vitamins elsewhere. Why do we all want a one stop shopping in life?

Linda

I haven't been able to find this article. If someone finds it, please post link. I can't believe Coca Cola is so irresponsible.

CrunchyMama

Plain water is always the best way to go, anyway! Even the "sugar free" flavored water options usually have artificial sweeteners that range from suspect to poisonous. We mostly drink filtered water.

HerbJane

Wow, what next? I worry about the things that have added vitamins in any form. How do they add them? Chemicals? It all worries me, what's next?

ThymeforRodney

That's just plain irresponsible of the Coca-Cola company. But of course it wouldn't be the first time a company misrepresented a product they sell. I hate when they do this! 33 Grams of sugar are too much for someone to drink in a liquid that's supposed to be healthy!:mad: