Valentine's Day Stuff Already?

Pinkle

We're barely through the first week of January, and already our local Wal-Mart has aisles and aisles of Valentine's Day stuff for sale. This gets on my nerves so badly! I hate it when a store puts Christmas stuff on sale before Halloween and as soon as the Christmas stuff comes off the shelves, Valentine's Day stuff goes up! Who is really buying Valentine's Day crap in January?!

Well about the time that Valentine's Day gets here they will start putting out the Easter stuff! It does get on my nerves when they start putting out all the holiday things so early.

Trudy

My husband and I went shopping yesterday, and I was already remarking to him the very same things you are. We were in a scrapbooking store, so it made sense for them. It really is almost Valentine's Day, considering it's just a month away. That's not as bad as Christmas before Thanksgiving. I guess I've been getting brainwashed.

Hyacinth

I went to the mall today, but I didn't see Valentine's Day stuff or maybe the stores that I visited haven't put up their Valentine's Day decorations or items yet.

chabella

All Lady
Every store in our area is doing the same thing, including the tiny stores. I have been blasted with sales people all week while I was out running errands. I like to pick up odds & ends through the year and customize the gift rather than something that is mass produced so I avoid all of the sales folk and they hate it.

Trudy

The sales pitches work. My little niece spent the night with me last night. The one thing she wanted me to do was to take her shopping at Target to get a Valentine's Day present for her mom and dad. She wanted to surprise them. That's exactly what we did.