Unbelieveable! Coca-Cola

Jasmyne

Flouride is a known poison, sugar in most instances is over-used, and colorants are man-made.... sugar is less harmful than aspartame, so I'll "give" on that count.

The other points, boy, they're out to lunch. Then again, ketchup is now a FOOD, not a condiment, so what do I know? Hahahahaha

StingingNettle

This article is so disheartening! Did you guys read the rest about how the ADA is trying to to silence nutritionists? Why must politics be part of everything? Money, of course. And it is the public who suffers.

As for Coke being safe for children, I guess that depends on your definition of safe. Leaving aside ridiculous, even dangerous claims about the ingredients, such as fluoride being safe, when the government is finally starting to acknowledge it is not, what is redeeming about Coke? There is no nutritional benefit and only calories. Is that not enough reason for parents to ban it for their children?

Personally, I didn't even get into the dangerous ingredients when making a decision for my kids. I tell them it is liquid candy, and we treat it as such...a once is a rare time treat. Not to mention they aren't allowed caffeine.

In a day when children are dangerously obese, it is obscene for a company to go to such lengths to hornswaggle the public about their sugary product in an attempt to sell more to children.

unhealthy

Fluoride is necessary for teeth. That's all I'll give them! I used to babysit a boyfriend's granddaughter and the 18 month old would show up at my house drinking (diluted) coke in her BABY BOTTLE. Mom leaves, I dump it and replace it with juice.

chabella

All Lady
Not every dietician has your best interest at heart. I have heard of many who have sold out only to deepen their pockets and when it comes to so many already ending up jobless what would you do? It is sick though.