Treating symptoms rather than causes.

shaun

If this is a question of whether the medical community is backwards because of how they treat the symptoms of sickness and not the causes of sickness, then I agree. If you treat the cause, the symptoms won't re-occur.

SallyA

If you treat the causes and not just the symptoms, the people get well and you don't have as many patients or as much income. I believe there are some outstanding medical professionals, but the profession itself is geared toward money.

That's why my first source for what ails me is nutrition, herbs, and other natural remedies. I've used them for several ailments and they have never once failed me, probably because they are geared toward the cause and not the symptoms!

hannah

I agree with you. I hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist but why would you sell a cure when you could make more money of treating symptoms that will keep reoccurring?

Jimmycorn

Don't worry Hannah, I think a lot of people would agree with you. Pharmaceuticals is a huge industry. It is to bad the world view is not different though.

hannah

Thanks

Thank you for the kind words. I also think the world would be a better place if human kind were to begin treating for the cure as well as accepting herbal remedies as the norm.

hakimah

My choice is to go to the doctor to get a diagnosis and then I can go home and prepare the herbal/holistic remedy that will get rid of--take care of whatever it is.

SallyA

My choice is to go to the doctor to get a diagnosis and then I can go home and prepare the herbal/holistic remedy that will get rid of--take care of whatever it is

I had to smile when I read that. It sounds like I could have written it. I've never had a natural or herbal remedy let me down. I've taken large doses of calcium for toothaches, some of which were the kind that won't go away without antibiotics, but they did with calcium. I also had what appeared to be pinkeye and got a tea that I put into my eye in drops. It went away in a couple of days. There have been others, but I can't think of them now.

Saffron

My choice is to go to the doctor to get a diagnosis and then I can go home and prepare the herbal/holistic remedy that will get rid of--take care of whatever it is.
@ Hakimah...Hate to be a naysayer, but that only works if your M.D. knows what he's doing. So many times, I've left a doctor's office and I've been convinced he's just grasping/grabbing at straws.

Do believe in the holistic approach though...once the illness has been determined.

I had to smile when I read that. It sounds like I could have written it. I've never had a natural or herbal remedy let me down. I've taken large doses of calcium for toothaches, some of which were the kind that won't go away without antibiotics, but they did with calcium. I also had what appeared to be pinkeye and got a tea that I put into my eye in drops. It went away in a couple of days. There have been others, but I can't think of them now.
Hmm, learned a couple of interesting things from this post, that I didn't know before, will definitely keep them in mind! :)