Too OCD

chabella

All Lady
I say this from experience sometimes people want to get healthy and want to relax but their OCD stops them dead in their tracks. This happened to me years ago and so far its been a so-so battle but it can be done. Taking things one step at a time is not just a phrase you know. :)

Elkheart

OCD can be helpful in a way. I could help you to stay on track during your meditations. If you find a way of meditating that you like, you could do it until it becomes a routine. I have one special way to get me to that relaxed state and time seems to pass quickly. I had to have an MRI the other day and didn't have anything with me to pass the time. I lay there and meditated and before I knew it I was done and I remember everything that happened during that time-it just seemed like it didn't take any time.

Allnatural

Sometimes you just need to try to remind yourself that things that are good for you still shouldn't be overdone. Maybe if you find yourself going overboard you need to stop and tell yourself this.

Lindsey

I can certainly see how having an obsessive compulsive disorder is counterintuitive to meditative principles. People that suffer from this are really suffering with control issues, and a big part of meditation is about releasing control and letting go.