Thining Hair

Thyme

I have been losing my hair for a while now. The dermatologist says I have "women" pattern baldness and that it is not due to anything physical. He recommended Rogaine for women. However, I am not sure I want to go that route because if you stop the treatment you lose your hair again, and I am not the type to use a treatment indefinitely.

Is there any home remedy for this type of problem? I would really appreciate it if you guys point me in the right direction.

SallyA

Since you haven't found a medical reason for the hair loss, it could be caused by over production of dihydrotestosterone (DHT). Lowering the amount of DHT will stop the hair loss, at least according to the article I read.

Natural oils, like Olive, Castor or Coconut massaged into the scalp after shampooing help prevent hair loss. Message it in and cover with a plastic cap to seal the heat from your head in. Leave it on for 45 minutes and rinse with warm water.

Green Tea and Nettle Root inhibit the production of DHT and encourage hair growth, so are good for treating hair loss caused by overproduction of DHT.

It's important to start treating hair loss right away. Hair follicles that are without hair for a period of time will loose their ability to produce hair, which leads to permanent baldness.

This is from one article and there are many others on the web. I'm sure there are many other herbs that could help. Does anyone know of any?