Tetanus shots

freshfoodie

After my significant other sliced his finger open on a rusty gear on our boat trailer, I asked him when his last tetanus shot was. He couldn't remember. It made me wonder how many people are actually up on their tetanus shots? It seems like they are always trying to give me one when I go to the doctor.

Waynefire

I just got one actually. I stepped on a glass bottle at the lake. So I had to get one before thAt my work provided it for me.

Jessi

I know I'm up to date. They last for...what? 10 years? I had 3 in a 3 year span because they kept losing my records and I needed them to be current for school. I haven't been out of school for 10 years yet, so they should be fine. I don't know when I need one again, though.

Sage

I'm way overdue for one. I'm scared to get it because my sister-in-law got one and it was mixed with the Whooping Cough vaccine. She got Whooping Cough from the vaccine. I know you don't have to get them together, but it's made me uneasy about getting any type of shot.

rosie

I think I've had one in the last six years but I'm not sure. It's not usually something I worry about. Natural clumsiness usually keeps me up to date all by itself. :rolleyes:

Carolynn

I am up to date. I had to get one last year when the neighbor's dog got loose and scratched and bit me. That shot hurt like heck too!

leyash

I haven't had one in awhile... it's been atleast 11 years. I need to get one, but I just really don't want to. Ugh.

Esperahol

I have a terror of needles, but I get my boosters because... Its kind of a given due to my profession. So I've got like 3 or 4 years until I need another one.

freshfoodie

I'm way overdue for one. I'm scared to get it because my sister-in-law got one and it was mixed with the Whooping Cough vaccine. She got Whooping Cough from the vaccine. I know you don't have to get them together, but it's made me uneasy about getting any type of shot.
I also got the DTap (tetanus, pertussus, and diptheria) when I got my last booster. I never had a problem, other than the fact that it hurt like heck. I work with children and that is usually the only they would give you the DTap over the regular Tetanus booster.

Jessi, they kept losing mine records too. I know I got like 3 in a 10 year span because they didn't put it in my chart.

Parker

I am so very overdue that it's embarrassing, but I'm not going to get one until it's absolutely necessary. The last one I had hurt for 6 months. I went back to the clinic and they said nothing was wrong. It was all in my head. Nope, it wasn't. At random times, my arm would scream with pain.

xenon

I am so very overdue that it's embarrassing, but I'm not going to get one until it's absolutely necessary. The last one I had hurt for 6 months. I went back to the clinic and they said nothing was wrong. It was all in my head. Nope, it wasn't. At random times, my arm would scream with pain.
Have you looked into it. It sounds horrible.
My last one was when I got pricked by some wire in the garden on the palm near the thumb. It swelled up like a balloon so I went along to get a shot and some antibiotics. ouch!

jovan107

I am up-to-date with my tetanus shot. I think I have about 4 years left before the next one. I hate shots, but tetanus is one I would always have.

Parker

Have you looked into it. It sounds horrible.
My last one was when I got pricked by some wire in the garden on the palm near the thumb. It swelled up like a balloon so I went along to get a shot and some antibiotics. ouch!
It was several years ago. I was in college. Intellectually, I know I should get the vaccine, but the pain is still fresh even after all these years. Writing this makes me feel guilty. Perhaps, I will go and get it done.

claudine

I'm up to date with all my vaccines because I'm a big hypochondriac. With tetanus too. I'm always scared of every disease. I'm also very scared of needles, but I don't see any other choice.

ohiotom76

I haven't had one in over 15 years, just something that fell off my radar. Though at the same time, I'm not much of an outdoors person either. I'm usually in front of a computer all day as sad as that may sound but the odds of me getting cut with a rusty nail are pretty slim, lol. That and I hate needles.

Incedentally though, right around the last time I did get one, shortly thereafter I did cut my leg on a fence that I was trying to climb through. Was trying to sneak into an abandoned amusement park near me to take some pictures and was sneaking through a hole in the fence and cut myself pretty good. Thankfully I didn't get sick from it or anything, but it was odd timing for it to have happened.

ghanashyam

Banned
After my significant other sliced his finger open on a rusty gear on our boat trailer, I asked him when his last tetanus shot was. He couldn't remember. It made me wonder how many people are actually up on their tetanus shots? It seems like they are always trying to give me one when I go to the doctor.
Now this should jump from the chair. Because I do not seem to have it since borne. I am 59, had been through may rough seas and never had a thing to worry about.
By the way, the tetanus shot is effective for 10 years and not necessary to take every time, you have a cut.
For wound by man's best friend( dog), a tetanus booster dose is administered.
Here in native India, a power from burnt tobacco leaf is used as the best anti-infection medicine.