Teaching Kids

sammie

When it comes to those little kids who are not sure what a herbalist is, how do you explain it? Maybe knowing the back round will help......right now there is a bully in the school that keeps running around telling everyone that our child's parents are evil witches. Anyone have this happen before? :(

paul

Good heavens! A easy way I think to define a herbalist is one who knows herbs and plants and how they can benefit and help people. My wife is Pagan, fortunately our son is only 3.

jason

Have a great day
I get the whole I'm evil and going to hell thing, but for other reasons. I think it is hard to teach a bully, or anyone who is close minded, about herbs and natural way of healing.

I wish I could offer some advice, but it is difficult situation. I do not think I would know how to handle it until I was in it.

Joyce

I have heard it all as well, devil, evil, going to hell, etc but if people weren't so closed minded in my opinion they would know that most pagans, which I am, do not believe in the devil or hell, but most are too closed minded to care.

Clover

Bullies are ignorant and most of their anger comes from envy. He probably does't know what an herbalist is. Get the teacher to talk about favorite snack foods like pizza, meatball subs. Let them go over the ingredients and ask for help with the names of some of the greenery that goes into and on it. An herbalist is like a mechanic only the tools of the trade grow in the ground.