Some strategies?

Irma

How do you keep yourself on track with eating properly and with getting enough exercise each day? I could use some strategies, as I tend to lose my resolve at this time of year.

MountainGirl

Do you keep any sort of planner or schedule for the day? If not, get one and write your goals in terms of fitness and health for each day. That's what I do and while it's not perfect, it works pretty good so far.

NeedToLearnMore

With me being a morning person it always helps to do what ever exercise that I want to do in the mornings. It seems to start my day off right and I have more of a tendency to stay on track with eating properly. Just find what works best for you and go with it.

MountainGirl

With me being a morning person it always helps to do what ever exercise that I want to do in the mornings. It seems to start my day off right and I have more of a tendency to stay on track with eating properly. Just find what works best for you and go with it.
I am exactly the same way and I think it's good advice. I need to do my run in the morning or else I just won't. It also makes me feel good for the rest of the day, not tired like I used to think it would.

heytacos

Every other day I have a fight with myself over something stupid that I should not have eaten but did anyways. It is hard to break such a bad habit, we used to be very serious when it came to junk food.......we actually had a full cabinet. Like the college kids who never grew up.

naturelady

I try to decide ahead of time how much I will eat. Like if I am going to a holiday party, I will decide that I can have one drink and three appetizers, and I will eat dinner early and make sure it is light. It helps me to have a plan going in.

Irma

Not being a morning person at all, morning exercise is not an option. Before I retired, I always went to the gym on my lunch hour, so I think that's an option now.

Myrrh

I have been trying to plan ahead for the week's menu to make sure that I'm at least eating good amounts from each good group though sometimes I cheat and eat more desserts than I am supposed to. :D I don't have a daily exercise regimen, but I try to walk as often and as much as possible.