Smoke From Scented Candles

Natural

Is there a side effect of inhaling the smoke of scented candles? I like the smell of these candles but I don't know if there is a bad effect in the body when the smoke of it is inhaled.

SuzyQ

Your question sparks a memory I have of reading something about this. I think the information was that paraffin based candles are bad but beeswax and other natural substances are OK.

wanderingherb

soy produces some smoke but minimal. All candles produce a type of "soot" from the wick. You should be fine unless you are standing over the candle breathing in the dark smoke. Any candle will then be bad.

Seal oil and other substances many years ago were burned in homes for light. The soot caused some lung damage in individuals. the homes were enclosed and subterranean. So not just seal oil soot, but also other soot.

Soy is better because it produces less "soot" in fact virtually none, and it burns at a lower temperature, is far safer, and cleans with soap and water.

I say soy.

Wanderingherb

Natural

Thanks for the advice. I guess the soy bean has many advantages in its uses. I will make sure that any scented candles I buy must be made with soy.

shyness

Soy Candles in my opinion are the best. You can use them to massage your man or lady, and the soy oil is not scorching hot either.

Muesli

The only thing that I would say (I use them myself) is that I wouldn't have my kids breathing it. So many studies have proved later to be flawed, I'd fear harm to them.