Sleeping too much

Hedda

In this cold and wet and dreary weather, I have been sleeping too much, and it is becoming a bad habit. Physically, it feels nearly impossible to avoid curling up under the covers for a toasty nap every day. Suggestions?

nutti

Make yourself get up! Get outside, the cold weather will wake you up and keep you awake. It works for me anyway. Around 3pm each day at work, I get super tired. I usually head outside and the cold air springs me back to life.

Luvkenny

I agree, get up and get moving. Eat some fruit too! Fruit seems to make me have energy. Don't drink soda or coffee, that just makes you sluggish. Sunshine also gives you energy.

Valerienne

Resist temptation to curl up under a blanket! Turn on some music and dance, wash the dishes, rearrange your books or just go for a short walk. Or make something delicious to eat, like fruit salad (as Luvkenny said, it will energize you) or hot chocolate.

Cassia

Avoid staying in your room during the day. The sight of your bed may tempt you to curl up under the covers. Find something to do. I am pretty sure there is an area or corner in your house that needs tidying up, for instance.

chabella

All Lady
Open the windows and let some fresh air in, we tend to air the house out a great bit when we can. And so far this year we only had one day where they were open for too long and the rain started before we could get the windows closed. The kitchen and laundry room windows took the best of the water and thankfully I had towels close by!

SoftRain

I agree with the others. Go outside or start cleaning. It can be hard to resist the pull of your bed, but if you can distract yourself with some kind of project, you'll be able to push through the slump.

Pinkle

Whenever I'm feeling tired during the day and tempted to take a nap, I workout instead. I've found that a good half hour or so of exercise, followed by a hot shower, perks me back up better than any snack or caffeine.