Sandal ready feet

Carolynn

Sandal weather will be here before you know it so it is time to get those feet ready to show off. Here is a recipe I found for an exfoliant you can make at home with ingredients you probably already have.

Strawberry Hand & Foot Exfoliant

8-10 Strawberries

2 tablespoons Apricot Oil (you may substitute olive oil)

1 teaspoon of coarse salt, such as Kosher Salt, or Sea Salt

Mix together all ingredients, massage into hands and feet, rinse, and pat dry. Strawberries contain a natural fruit acid which aids in exfoliation.

strawberry

After a long winter of socks, slippers and boots, my feet certainly need some TLC to get ready for sandals and bare feet. That recipe sounds perfect and I do have those ingredients. Pampering session coming up real soon!

Brea

Thanks for this foot recipe, my winter feet could use some special treatment. The hardest part will be not eating all the strawberries, before I can mix the recipe up! :) I love strawberries more than you can imagine.

naturelady

Brea, that is what I was thinking! I have a child who, if you aren't looking, will eat an entire pint before I unload the rest of the groceries.

I will have to try this recipe. I've been trying to keep on my foot regime, but it is hard to battle that winter dryness!

Hyacinth

My hands and feet definitely need a special treatment after all the dryness due to the winter weather. This recipe looks so good! I might also try other fruit besides strawberry.

MarBell

You are right about sandal wearing being right around the corner. We're supposed to have a really pretty week, so I just may try your recipe and start getting my rough feet into shape. Mine even need some work before going for a pedicure, I'm afraid.

Carolynn

Glad you ladies like the recipe. I don't know about you, but I can't really afford much pampering these days so I have been looking for ways to do it at home.

Myrrh

Yesterday, I came over to a friend's house and we had a foot pampering session. We soak our feet in a basin of warm water with Epsom salts and a few drops of lavender oil then rubbed the bottom of our feet with pumice stone. We did this while chatting about anything we could think of. It was fun!

UmiNoor

Strawberries are so expensive where I live because the fruit is not indigenous to my country. It's grown only in the highlands where it's cold. Is there any way I can substitute the strawberries with some inexpensive fruit?

freshfoodie

I have all of those things at home. I just picked up some 99 cent strawberries last night from the fruit market so this is absolutely perfect! I have been thinking about going to get a pedicure but it just isn't in the budget. I know what I am doing tonight!

What an excellent way to exfoliate your skin. Having smooth feet that look great is important if you plan on wearing sandals during the summer. Wearing sandals during the summer is important so there is extra breathable air flow.

hunysukle

Thanks for the recipe. I really need to try this on my feet. I'm always embarrassed to wear sandals. I heard that using a pumice stone on the feet also helps.

misumaru15

This sounds really great. I think the salt and oil will work quite well to exfoliate. Your skin really needs it. The oil also helps soften but doesn't leave it greasy.

clewand550

Thank you for sharing this recipe. Sounds easy enough, as long as I don't eat all of the strawberries. My feet are always in terrible condition. I usually end up going to have a pedicure done a few times a year. This certainly will help save me time doing it at home. This is something that I will be trying.

kyleesmommy09

Thank you for this! I really need to pay attention to my feet. I am one of those people that walk around all day barefoot and it really does a number on the shape of my feet. I used to pay $35.00 for a pedicure every 2 weeks but with a new baby on the way its no longer feasible. I will have to try this recipe out, I bet it smells awesome too!

aphil

Seeing this post is perfect timing. My feet are in need of some TLC and your recipe is nice and simple with ingredients that are easy to get a hold to. I'm going to just love the aroma of the strawberries and all the while they will be providing the main ingredient for the exfoliation. Thanks so much for sharing and helping me prepare for spring!

Lena51

It's very nice to get together with your girls and have a night of nothing but pampering yourself and talking about the good old times that you are having or for us older girls talking about the good old days, playing music and just yapping it up while we are getting our feet and hands beautiful. Just only have a fruit tray with some lemonade or tea, wouldn't that be nice to be with your girlfriends.

Luvkenny

I'll try this but I don't know if anything can help this feet of mine. I'm am almost always barefoot or in flip flops (as soon as the weather breaks). I have very dry feet - my heels are killer. I can't wait to give this a try. I might have to do it several times for it to work though.

Thank you for the recipe. My feet have been hidden for months and are in need of a little TLC. I will try this with my mother and sister.