Remedies for low energy

Greenwoman

Today is one of those days, and I have never felt so sluggish in such a long time. Do you have any suggestions for remedies or teas that can help with this? I can't even get into my sketches that well today.

sandooch

What works best for me is lots of green tea and eating lots of lean protein foods. Starchy carbs, even unrefined carbs, just weigh me down and leave me feeling lethargic soon after eating them. Also drinking lots of water helps.

gina121

Things that helped me and those that you can try as quick-fixes are:
1. Taking few deep controlled breaths - the ones that you take into your belly, hold and release. This is said to wash the body with energizing 'qi' energy.
2. Pulling your earlobes a few times. When my aromatherapist suggested this, it made me laugh, but doing it for a few seconds really perked me up, and I do it every time I feel lethargic.
3. A certain 'mudra' hand posture. Check this video for details >

Beth23

I stay away from carbs and sugar. They tend to give me a short energy burst then I drop like a rock and all I want to do is take a nap.

I will also try to eat lots of greens and protein in the morning. I notice if I stick to these types of foods I have energy all day and I don't get hungry as often. If I eat carbs in the morning I am pooped and starving by lunch time.

Beth

catevanne

I make sure I get lots of sleep and don't drink too much caffeine. I have also tried the 5 hour drink- it gives me a great boost of energy, but I don't use it too often. I also use Vitamin B12 sublingual that I get at the health food store; it's also great for energy.

Scarletpyxi

Fruit smoothies always seem to wake me up. I don't know if it is the fruit or the fact that they are frozen but it always does the trick.

quitetenacious

Sometimes a cup of green tea is all it takes to give me an extra boost. I recently started taking One A Day Women's Active Metabolism. They really give me some extra kick, although if you decide to try them make sure you don't take them with a drink containing caffeine as the pills themselves contain caffeine. Taking it with a soft drink can give you a major caffeine buzz, too much of one for my tastes.

anniep1978

Stay away from carbs, sugar and most processed foods.

I also take b complex vitamins for extra energy. Make sure your eating well, getting a lot of exercise and drinking plenty of water.

gar

A good sleep and a good meal with that's less toxic would be give you more energy. A power nap is also recommended :D

jason

Have a great day
I find just getting outside and moving about energizes me. Something about the sun, as long as it is not blistering hot, just gets me going. The more I exercise too the more energy I seem to have. I just wish I could make exercise a better habit.

They sell ginseng drinks at the local Asian store in town. They are really small and have the raw ginseng root right inside to eat as well. It really helps provide me with more energy when I am feeling sluggish. I have also discovered that exercising on a daily basis helps tremendously as well.

Basil Nut

I've been feeling lethargic for much of the summer. I thought it was the heat until I had some routine blood work done a month or so ago. The doctor told me my B12 was really low and my Vitamin D was really low. I've been taking his supplements for four weeks now and can really tell the difference in my energy levels.

shaunche

I don't think there is a magic remedy, unless you use sugar or caffeine for an energy boost. What you need to do is evaluate your diet and see what is causing your low energy. My advice would be to lower carbohydrate intake and increase fat intake.

beckyv1265

I prefer my coffee over carbs. It always kicks starts me in the morning and gives me a boost in the afternoons so that I can keep up with my hectic schedule.

claudine

I have two remedies for low energy that always work. First is dark chocolate. It's delicious and not as unhealthy as the milk one is. Second solution for me is listening to classical music, especially Vivaldi is very energetic, some of Mozart's works too. And from time to time I listen to Michael Jackson - it wakes me up even when I'm very tired:D

Things that helped me and those that you can try as quick-fixes are:
1. Taking few deep controlled breaths - the ones that you take into your belly, hold and release. This is said to wash the body with energizing 'qi' energy.
2. Pulling your earlobes a few times. When my aromatherapist suggested this, it made me laugh, but doing it for a few seconds really perked me up, and I do it every time I feel lethargic.
3. A certain 'mudra' hand posture. Check this video for details
I just tried the earlobe thing and it seriously works, haha! Who'd have thought?

artistry

You might need a blood work-up. Your iron lvels may be low, but the blood work is necessary, before you start taking iron. The other thing would be VitaminD, great to up your stamina. Good luck.

You might need a blood work-up. Your iron lvels may be low, but the blood work is necessary, before you start taking iron. The other thing would be VitaminD, great to up your stamina. Good luck.
This is true. I used to be anemic, and whenever I forgot to take my iron supplement, I would feel tired and sluggish. Also, I'd feel cold and weak.

artistry

If you have low levels of iron, especially as women of certain ages, have a tendency to do, with their menses each month, you will be tired and listless. Very important to take a few time released iron pill monthly. Thank you. Doing a blood work up will pin point it.