Reliance on Supplements

Natural

Supplements are good when taken on moderation and when it is really needed. There are times though that we rely too much on supplements that don't mind eating healthy foods any longer because we think our supplements will be enough. Is this a safe practice?

wanderingherb

No. Pills don't replace food. This is why it irritates me to see some herbs in capsule form. Not getting what is needed from them.

Wanderingherb

Garden Ginny

I'm in agreement with WH.... but I do have to interject here, because there is NO WAY I'll have valerian root in my kitchen. THAT I WILL buy in gelatin capsules, if only because the smell of the stuff is enough to make me want to wash the hubby's work socks.

There's no replacing real food, and I enjoy eating it. :)

wanderingherb

I'm in agreement with WH.... but I do have to interject here, because there is NO WAY I'll have valerian root in my kitchen. THAT I WILL buy in gelatin capsules, if only because the smell of the stuff is enough to make me want to wash the hubby's work socks.

There's no replacing real food, and I enjoy eating it. :)
LOL. I use a tincture! I don't really the smell doesn't bother me, but the taste does! But there is a slight weird smell at times. Ya, I use the tincture because I find Valerian root nasty.

wanderingherb