Razor bumps

LoveNature

Does anyone know of an herb or other natural remedy that can be applied to help with razor bumps...down there? I don't usually get them but I guess I was rushing, and it's driving me crazy now.

wanderingherb

Well I just gotta say it, but if you mean down there...sharp object, in a hurry, you are far braver than I!!

You don't even need herbal. You can simply use a good lotion or hemp oil or even olive oil! If it itches, herbal will help. You can get creative and use a nettle oil (will help ease the itch), yarrow, chamomile and calendula. All of these will ease the swelling, itch and decrease the chance of it getting worse.

LoveNature

Chamomile you say? So if I make some chamomile tea, let the bag cool, and apply it as a compress that should help? Thanks for your suggestions! If olive oil works, might coconut oil do the same?

In regards to your other comment, let me add that when I have the money I get a Brazilian wax done. Yep. Now that's pain.

Trust

I'm not sure of an herb exactly but there are plenty of really amazing lotions out there that work great for razor burns. I get them a lot because I shave without using anything other than water. Not smart, I know.

wanderingherb

ROTFL! Brazilian wax. :eek: Oh god Trust I think you are my new hero now. ;)

Exactly, you could use a chamomile tea bag. Good thinking. Yes, coconut should work as well. Do the tea bag and then use the oil. You should be better in no time until you start growing out. That is an irritation also!:D No cures for that!

LoveNature

I'm not sure of an herb exactly but there are plenty of really amazing lotions out there that work great for razor burns. I get them a lot because I shave without using anything other than water. Not smart, I know.
Wow, why don't you use shaving cream? Razor burn is brutal. You can use baby oil or hair conditioner instead if you don't want to use the cream for whatever reason!

wanderingherb - thanks! I tried the coconut oil and the chamomile tea bag and saw improvement within a few hours. Perfect.

Jasmyne

No kidding: pit stik. Mitchum's gel antipersperant ...

It's a god-send in humid, sticky summer weather, and so is Gold Bond powder.

LoveNature

Seriously? Antiperspirant for razor bumps? Can you give me some more info on this, such as whether there are certain types I should avoid? The last thing I need is extra inflammation or an allergic reaction.