Raw skin

smellsrfun

My husband works with mortar (he is a mason) and his fingers get all gross and chapped. The stuff dries on his hands when he is at work and he can’t wash them right away. He has been using lotions but they don’t seem to be helping. It’s almost like the skin is raw on his fingertips. Is there anything anyone can think of to help with this?

soursop

That is too bad. Can't he use working gloves like those made of leather while he is working? It should be one of his PPE especially with his present skin condition.

Aloe Vera

My husband is a welder and outdoorsman. Hands like sandpaper and cracks in the finger corners. His hands are great now. He can't believe it either. He tried something called gloves in a bottle you can find it online. It works wonders. I have eczema and it works for me when I remember to put it on.

remidies

I would suggest you use some type of silicone glove type of product. This way there is a barrier for the skin to heal. I use old time Vaseline at night for skin protection with a pair of cotton gloves until it heals.

ThymeforRodney

Has he tried sheep's lanolin cream at night with a pair of gloves over it. The grit in the mortar isn't the only thing that is messing up his skin. It's also the drying properties of the mortar itself that takes all of the moisture out of his skin when it's on them.

Jonathan030

hello,
My husband works with mortar (he is a mason) and his fingers get all gross and chapped. The stuff dries on his hands when he is at work and he can’t wash them right away. He has been using lotions but they don’t seem to be helping. It’s almost like the skin is raw on his fingertips. Is there anything anyone can think of to help with this to you.

nose right review