Raw Honey

BonnyC

Anyone else use this for skin care? Man, this stuff is amazing. You need to get a high grade like grade A, though. I use Sue Bee's raw honey as a face mask, spot treatment and antibiotic ointment. It's been used this way for ages and it truly works. Since it fights bacteria, it's great for bacterial acne. I smear it all over my face and leave it on for an hour or so, then wash it off. It moisturizes my skin and reduces the appearance of acne. I totally suggest it to anyone who has problem skin. You can also mix 2 tablespoons with one egg white and use it as a mask. It moisturizes it better, but shouldn't be used that way for dry skin. Instead, people with dry skin should use the yolk.

Anyone else use this for skin care? Man, this stuff is amazing. You need to get a high grade like grade A, though. I use Sue Bee's raw honey as a face mask, spot treatment and antibiotic ointment. It's been used this way for ages and it truly works. Since it fights bacteria, it's great for bacterial acne. I smear it all over my face and leave it on for an hour or so, then wash it off. It moisturizes my skin and reduces the appearance of acne. I totally suggest it to anyone who has problem skin. You can also mix 2 tablespoons with one egg white and use it as a mask. It moisturizes it better, but shouldn't be used that way for dry skin. Instead, people with dry skin should use the yolk.
I totally agree with you! Honey is my top 3 natural organic favorite! :) I've been using it for years now. Lucky for me, I have a friend who owns a bee farm so I get to have fresh honey. Sometimes I have to filter it again to ensure its clean, and I prefer it that way to make sure that I am getting 100% natural honey. :)

I haven't tried mixing it with egg white though, will give it a try sometime. Been using honey with sugar as a body scrub for years now and its definitely great! :)

Anna T

I am going to have to try this. I was using some kind of organic face cream not too long back that had honey in it, and that stuff was awesome! But unfortunately it cost me like $40 to buy :(

I'm going to buy some good quality honey to use on my face and see how it does. My acne is starting to flare up again for some unknown reason.

In addition to taking a spoonful of honey everyday for extra vitamins, raw honey is also great for burns. It is really soothing and helps to prevent scars.

I have also tried it for acne, and agree with you; it works wonderfully! I can't believe I spent so much money in the past buying acne medications filled with nasty chemicals that doesn't even work! Thanks for posting this for others :)

SoftRain

I'm always afraid the honey will stick to my face, so I've never tried it! I really should, though, as I have problems with adult acne. I already have raw honey on hand.

How often do you use the mask?

I use a honey facial wash on my skin. Although I buy it from my dermatologist, I cannot trust it's label's "100%" pure honey mark on it. I have never tried pure honey, but since you've shared your experience, I think it will be worth a try. :)

Sarah C.

I am glad to see this post. I was doing some recent research on natural remedies to heal a wound, and natural honey was one of the cures listed! It has great antibacterial properties and releases a low lever of hydrogen peroxide to disinfect the wound. I have never tried it on my face, but I am going to! I am starting to see some aging spots and maybe this will help!

2Nature

I never tried this before. Kinda wish I did while I was in high school and had acne problems. But I have a friend to suggest this to who can benefit from it, thanks!

Anna T

This thread actually inspired me to buy some raw honey today at the grocery store! It never expires either, so that's awesome :)

I can't wait to try it on my skin. I have acne on my face and it occasionally flares up on my back and upper arms so I'd be curious to see how it does in those areas.

I'm honestly sick of buying chemical-ridden products that do absolutely nothing for my skin, so I have high hopes for this. I'll let you guys know how it works.

BonnyC

I'm always afraid the honey will stick to my face, so I've never tried it! I really should, though, as I have problems with adult acne. I already have raw honey on hand.

How often do you use the mask?
Don't worry, it doesn't stick at all. It rinses right off very easily. Just keep your hair back and try not to scratch your nose or something :p

I do a full honey mask once or twice a week and spot treatments once a day if I need it. I did a mask this morning while I was drinking my coffee and checking up on work online and my face felt so smooth afterwards but not uncomfortably tight like some other products make it feel.

I'm really glad that this was so helpful! I love to get feedback like that.

Also, my 9 year old daughter is starting to break out already. It starts early in my family :( But, the honey seems to be helping her quite a bit, too. I was careful the first time and did a spot test right under her jawline since you can be allergic to raw honey even if you aren't allergic to the processed stuff. Still, preteen and teenage skin is kind of hard to treat because it's due to hormones.

Anna T

@Bonny, I had not thought of doing a mask, but I'm glad you mentioned that. I had figured on just rubbing it in and wiping it off like a wash.

That's great it doesn't make your skin feel tight. That's one thing I truly hate about those mud masks, Your skin feels horrible afterward! Thank you so much for the tips.

livingreen2012

I have heard that raw honey is good for acne. I think I may have to pick some up when I go to the store or get it offline. I have had really bad break outs here lately because I am really stressed and my skin is really oily.

Randomhero

Mixing honey & cinnamon together to form a face mask then leaving it on overnight is a great way to help heal your skin and prevent pimples.

Anna T

Thanks for the suggestion Random Hero! I had figured on just putting the honey directly on my face, leaving it for a bit, and then wiping it off. I had not thought of adding cinnamon to it for a mask. It actually sounds good enough to eat :) I didn't realize that cinnamon was good for the skin.

misumaru15

I was researching honey. I saw an article on using a certain more natural type for healing wounds. It was an interesting read. I use it for hair and it does moisturize.

rymick

The healing components in raw honey are astounding. I have to say, I am afraid of bees but I am grateful for what they contribute!

I have tried Manuka Honey to ease redness on my face (possibly Rosacea). I have read that Manuka Honey had powerful antibacterial, anti microbial, antiviral, antioxidant, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and anti fungal properties. I purchased it from Amazon for about $50 for the jar. Unfortunatley , I can't say I noticed a big difference in the redness but maybe it did help. Regardless, I am sure I have reaped some health benefits. Not to mention it is absolutely delicious!

mrsalphabet

I have never heard of that for acne! Thank you so much. I am going to buy some the next time I am out.

I hate my skin :( I have the same amount of acne as I did when I was in high-school and I'm almost 39.

So you don't mix the honey with anything, you just apply it directly to your face? Then rinse off?

mrsalphabet

I forgot to ask yesterday.

Can I find raw honey in the regular grocery store or should I go to a health food store?

I am so excited to try this!

I was also thinking that mixing it with the egg whites like Bonny said along with some milled oats would make a good mask???