Pregnancy massages

want2learn

Is it safe for pregnant women to receive massages from licensed therapists? I have heard in the last trimester the feet should be avoided but how about for the rest of the pregnancy?

Lindsey

I have a girlfriend who always gets massages and she continued throughout her entire pregnancy. Her massage therapist even had a special table for her with the belly cut out so she could lay flat.

GetGoing

I guess if she is a licensed therapist, why not? I am sure that they have studied about pregnant women and what are allowed massage methods.

Glinda

There are special types of massages for pregnant women that are supposed to be beneficial to both mom and baby. I wish I had gone when I was pregnant, but there wasn't anybody in my area that is trained for pregnancy massage.

jason

Have a great day
I do not know, but mine is not far along considering we just found out and I'm already having to massage her feet.

want2learn

Congratulations Jason! We just found out recently too in fact my first doctor's appointment was yesterday. I just thought a pregnancy massage might make a nice Christmas gift?!? :)