Pepper Relish with Splenda

rayne

I cooked a pot of beans for supper yesterday and we enjoyed every bite. I found a jar of pepper relish in my pantry that had been made with splenda and it really set those beans off. I didn't know you could make things like that with splenda. Did you?

No, I didn't. In fact, I try to avoid splenda when I can. My mother uses it all the time because she's a diabetic. I can't stand the taste of it. It tastes like fake sugar to me. I'd much rather use agave nectar.

Jessi

You can make plenty much anything with Splenda. And if you're making baked goods where the amount difference would affect things, you can buy ones like Truvia. They have blends that are only partially fake sweeteners so you can still use a similar portion to not throw the recipe off, but still have a fraction of the calories.

bettyblue

I also avoid Splenda. I don't think it's healthy and I hate the taste to begin with. As I recently stopped eating any sugar (apart from what is in the fruit, but I don't eat too much of it anyway) I use Stevia to sweetened my coffee twice a day. From what I understand most of the artificial sweeteners are not good for your body.

I've only tried stevia once. It was the powdered kind that comes in little packets. That tasted terrible to me as well. Somebody told me that liquid stevia is much tastier than powdered, but I have not tried it yet.