Pain Management

herbalnut

How do you deal with pain?

I recently had a major surgery last month (thorocotomy and lung tumor resection) and it's one of the most painful surgeries to recover from (especially with the broken rib!). I've been having some major issues with controlling the pain. They had to switch pain medications several times because of the negative side effects. Now I've come off of the pain meds, per physician, and it's just not working very well so far.

I've tried hot pads, which will work well, but I can't go anywhere or do anything. I've tried some over the counter meds without much luck.

Are there any other options besides more pills?

Primrose

Have you tried meditation using soft music and a dimly let room? I also find that if I really get into a good book, I can take my mind off most anything. Drinking green tea will help the healing process. Try some of these and see what happens. Let us know!

lolli

How are you feeling now? I don't deal well with pain. I find that hot baths help ease it a little. Heating pads also help with some pain. For something as big as your problem I would probably have to take some kind of pain pill.

SoftRain

I'm so sorry. I hope by now you are feeling better and can get around without lots of pain. What did you end up doing?