Other uses for Vicks

Beth23

I adore Vick's vapor rub. When you have a cold or flu its a must have and even though it doesn't cure an it, I always feel better. I love those Vick's tissues to.

Vick's is not just for chest colds and congestion anymore though. Its a anti fungal and works well on athletes foot and toe nail fungus. You have to put it on twice a day and it takes a bit of time but its so much cheaper then buying lamisil or those other over the counter meds.

Another great thing I noticed is using it after a long day working on your feet it feels wonderful.

Its good for dry cracked skin, Keeps bugs away but if you get bit it stops the itch real fast, helps remove splinters, hemorrhoids. The list is long.

What do you use Vicks vapor rub for besides a cold ?

Beth

shaunche

A look at the ingredients list on a jar of Vicks is enough to put me off using it. Camphor is a toxic substance and it will infiltrate your body through the skin and inhalation. I would much rather use a natural decongestant like a spicy meal.

Jessi

Another great thing I noticed is using it after a long day working on your feet it feels wonderful.

Its good for dry cracked skin,
I wouldn't use Vick's vapor rub for that. I personally use petroleum jelly/Vaseline for that. It has the same consistency, but without all the "vapor"/scents involved. I prefer to avoid it if I can.

Luvkenny

I love the smell of Vick's and I do put it on my feet. I only do this though when I'm sick! Something about putting a gob on your feet and then putting on socks is supposed to knock colds out of you quicker.