Odd issue after checkup

chabella

All Lady
I figure it is nothing but having a little reassurance never hurt anyone. Has anyone had spotting before after having their yearly checkup? I did this week and it is the first time in my life that it has happened, I am wondering if it is because I also use Mirena?

Lyra

It could be the IUD to blame. But more than likely the doctor was a little rougher than usual or accidentally scraped you. I think, depending on where you were in your cycle, it could also be that your cervix was more tender than usual. If it continues, I would put in a call. But it is probably nothing to worry about.

Penelope

This is actually very, very common. I wouldn't be concerned unless it worsens or becomes painful. I doubt that it's related to the IUD, but it's possible, I suppose.

Luvkenny

It is very common after an internal exam. My doctor always tells me that if it happens it is perfectly normal. I wouldn't worry unless you have a lot of pain and you really start bleeding heavy.

freshfoodie

I almost always have a little bleeding after my yearly exam. I wouldn't worry about it unless it was heavy or unusual bleeding. I also use the Mirena so maybe it is the cause.

SoftRain

I wouldn't worry about that. It's happened to me occasionally, although usually while pregnant. I think it's very normal unless you have pain or the bleeding gets bad.