Occasional Nausea

ThymeforRodney

I'm not sure what's going on but occasionally, I'll have a bout of mild to moderate nausea. Is there something herbal I can use for this while I'm waiting to go to the doctor. I have a feeling it may be due to stomach irritation but I need something to use in the meantime.

Hi, hope your nausea passes soon! Try taking ginger in any form, that should help a bit. I had bad morning sickness for a while when I was pregnant with my son and took ginger gummy bears and biscuits to fend off the nausea. It's also supposed to help with motion sickness. It worked for me!

soursop

I agree with Rainytigermouth about the ginger for nausea. I would also recommend that you stop drinking cold water after meals. Try to drink something hot like tea or warm water after meals.

curer

You should not be unduly worried about occasional nausea. However, you can try basil leaves. Wash basil leaves with clean water and chew them for a few minutes. It will clear nausea sensation.

boobah

I have an inner ear issue so I always keep peppermint on hand. For me peppermint is one of the best ways to keep my nausea under control.

ThymeforRodney

Thanks everyone, good tips. I've heard that about ginger but not about basil. I have a basil plant that my wife nurtures in the kitchen in the winter. I think I'll try that first as I don't think I have any ginger. I will get some though to keep handy. Thanks again!