Note - Do not awaken sleeping insomniacs...violent when grumpy.

Esperahol

I'm not sure why, but for some very odd reason people who sleep at night don't seem to understand that I don't. Therefore when I am finally asleep I don't want to be bothered. It isn't like I haven't made this a known fact. I have repeatedly told family and friends when they should leave me alone. I turn off my phone(s), pagers, computer, and tablet so as to avoid alerts or calls or any form of communication. I bought Cujo's little sister for the front yard. There are signs for Heaven's sake.

Yet everytime I am called to stay over for a time whether it be a holiday or to help out or I was stupid enough not to sneak away home when I had a chance... There comes a knocking at my chamber door. Thus am I doomed to sleep no more. Danggit. If I could come up with a good alibi this wouldn't be such a problem.

Sorry you have this problem. I have problems taking naps when I am tired, but I really don't have any problems sleeping at night. If I'm tired or sick and want to nap, it is nearly impossible for me to fall asleep when it is light outside. I also get really annoyed when I get woken up by running feet in my kitchen or my husband opening and shutting our bedroom door.

Lena51

I do understand what you are saying so well. I sleep during the day and don't want to be bothered either but the phone and all the emergency situations comes up in the day when it seems that no one can take care of them but you when they come knocking on your door. Why don't other people respect you when it's your time to sleep, I have no idea and you don't want to be rude but sometimes you have to let them know when they come to your door. Give you the same respect that you give them.

artistry

I can feel your pain. I am an insomniac as well. But luckily I live alone, so I am not distrubed when I finally get to sleep.
You might well want to get a sign: Wake me at Your own Risk! As someone else suggested. Sleep is important.

Aletha

Put a sign on the door that says, "Vampire sleeping, do not awaken unless you want to die". That should do it and with the popularity of vampires right now, it just may work. :D

claudine

'Vampire sleeping' is something that I do all the time too:p . I just can't sleep at night, when it's dark I'm always full of energy and I'm sleepy in the morning, after sunrise. My family doesn't understand this either, so it's really hard for me to live with them.

sammilynn

I completely understand, I have a totally different sleeping schedule than everyone else, if I sleep at all, so when I DO sleep, I prefer to be left alone. That never seems to work though, loud people outside, my mom, her dog, etc. I can't really go anywhere overnight either, so it's rather annoying. haha

ohiotom76

I have the same problem too, I get on a second wind come 8-9pm in the evenings. Sometimes I'll have a few drinks to simmer down, but that's not something I should be doing every night. You might want to try those foam earplugs, and/or get a white noise machine. I used both when I had a noisy neighbor who used to stay up all night blasting video games. They did help a lot.