Need kick in butt

rosie

I've done and let go meditation so many times. Does anyone have any incentives or ideas on how to make myself try it again? I think I have so much free time during the day (don't hate me!) that it seems harder to set aside time to relax when that's all I do.

Sugarhill

Don't think of it as a moment of relaxation, but perhaps, focus on something that you are trying to attain. If you are religious, use it as a time to talk to your deity. If you are hyper, use it as that time in which your mind won't race. Make it something different from what you feel that you do on a daily basis and do it.

dissn_it

It also helps to make it part of your daily routine. If you set aside even just a few minutes to meditate as part of a daily routine, you may be more likely to do it on a regular basis.

Meditation is hard for me too. It is something that doesn't have an immediate reward, or at least it feels like that to me. It gets frustrating because my mind will always wander.

chabella

All Lady
Take some of your free time and dedicate it to relaxing. Turn the TV off, turn the computer off and silence your phone. It is not that hard when you know you need to relax, if I had the time to do it today I sure would!

Parker

I do my meditation when I first wake up. It starts the day off on a good note. I don't know what would inspire you except remembering how you felt when you were doing meditation on a daily basis. I feel so grounded when I meditate and I feel more calm. Little things don't bother me. I love that feeling. It drives me friends crazy though.

Pushhyarag2000

As Parker puts it, remembering how you felt when you were doing meditation is the primary motivator. You need to reflect on it often and crave the reward you would have if you got back into the good practice again. I use any short spell of free time I get to focus on deep breathing which helps me regain calm and it is a motivator I use.