Natural treatment for sunburn or sun damaged skin

Luvkenny

I know this doesn't just affect women but I'm asking because my daughter and I will use it. We are heading to the beach in 11 days. I know we will get burnt! No matter how much sunblock we use. What is a natural product to use on our skin once it gets this way? I won't want to stay out of the sun!

The tannins in black tea help inflamed skin although not sure if you'd be able to just boil several tea bags and pour it in a bath or not but probably worth looking up. I also know the acids in apple cider vinegar help the skin balance ph which often is thrown off when sunburned. Also colloidal silver is used in burn centers to heal and prevent infection. Hope this helps!
PS WHERE ARE YOU THAT YOUR GETTING SUNBURNED!!! I'M JEALOUS LOL

Sent from my LG-VS700 using Tapatalk 2

Alli

How about aloe. That's what I have always used and it does work well. I have also heard of the vinegar bath. You and your daughter must be fair haired and fair skinned Luvkenny. Maybe a fashionable sun hat and long sleeved summer shirt would be a good idea.

SoftRain

I agree with Alli. I live in Florida and always wear a large brimmed sun hat when I know I will be outside a long time. It really does help. I personally don't have any lightweight long sleeved clothes, but there must be some out there that is comfortable and will help protect you.

2Nature

I'm the same way. No matter how much sunblock I use my skin gets destroyed. I explode in hives and blisters. There is absolutely no way to prevent this, just medication to sooth it down.

Penelope

You aren't getting a strong enough sunblock or applying it properly if you're going to burn no matter what. It's not good for you to know you're going to burn and then treat it after. You're super increasing you and your daughter's risk for skin cancers. Get the highest sunblock you can find and re-apply it as the package states and after getting in the water. I don't care if it says waterproof - that's a crock.

chabella

All Lady
Staying indoors tends to work for me but if you saw how white my legs were you would giggle. I have yet to find anything that works perfect. Sometimes I wonder if there is anything that works for everyone otherwise we just need to keep trying new things until we find the one that works (and hopefully it never goes out of production).