Naps are boring!

chabella

All Lady
I am starting to think that a mandatory nap will be required by all youngsters in our house pretty soon. The kick into waking up earlier and going to school leaves the afternoons with a great deal of frustration. :(

Luvkenny

Good plan! I wish I could nap during the day. Kids don't know how lucky they are. I don't know many adults that would not love an afternoon nap. Seriously though, naps are good for kids. I see nothing wrong with making them mandatory.

rayne

I would love an afternoon nap too. The only concern with children napping after school would be getting them in bed at night. I think I would rather put up with cranky and early bedtimes rather than pleasant and late bedtimes. It's a choice I guess.

Lyra

Some kids really do need that nap after a long day at school. It can wear kids out at that age. I know that the more tired my kids are, the worse they act.

I don't care if you are 2 or 62, a nap is always the best part of the day. I love when I sometimes get 2 hour lunch breaks when it is slow. I get to go home and sleep for like an hour and rock out the rest of the day.

Jessi

I agree that naps are a good thing, especially with long school days being back again. I wish I could always get one. Even if sleep doesn't happen, it's great to have some "quiet time" where everyone rests and tries to recuperate.

iampeebs

At about 4pm, we all take a half hour nap. I'm usually spent by this point and my kids have been home about half an hour at this point. It refreshes everyone and works perfect for us!

claudine

I like to take a nap during the day from time to time because it's relaxing, but I remember very clearly how I hated it when I was a child. I couldn't fall asleep, I wanted to play:p

bettyblue

If I would let my young one to nap during the day, he would go to sleep at midnight. Today at 4 p.m. he almost fell asleep, I woke him up gently and offered him some fresh fruit. Now he sleeps like an angel. :) Definitely I wouldn't be able to sit at the computer now if he took this nap. :)

Melissast

My child takes naps at school, so when she comes home I don't think I could get her to nap agian. There are days when I whish that I could. Sometimes the bustle of the day gets very frustrating, and I wish I could just tell everyone to go to bed for a while.