my sanity

Lena51

That is very important to have that me time for yourself, you don't know how delicious that is to do what you want for a change. So you have to make that time and don't let anyone spoil it for you. Tell them this is the time you want to be alone and by yourself to pull it together and they will understand.

misumaru15

You can't do anything for anyone else if you are not right. As moms we often are the least selfish when it comes to us. We will sacrifice ourselves and sanity for other family members.

Lena51

That is the truth, because we have always been the can do it all kind of person. They do not understand that we are human also and need a break. They be steady trying to pile it on and not even give us a second thought. So we ladies have to lay down the law for ourselves and let them know or demand a day or night for ourself or just take it and say I'll be back later. As I do, call me if you need me, otherwise I will see you later.

FirstBaby2011

How much time are you ladies setting aside each week to do the things you want to do. It does not have to be family related, but more "you related". I am slowly getting back into a decent routine but I am not sure if I am giving myself enough time or not.
My "me time" usually takes place early in the morning while my husband is getting ready for work and my toddler is still sleeping. Around 5 a.m. I take about an hour or two to scour the Internet, work on a sewing project, or sit in silence with a hot cup of tea and a novel. This is the best schedule that I have come up with while having a busy toddler and a husband who is working two jobs and taking a full course load.

claudine

I need to have "my time" and if I had to, I would fight for it like a lion:D . If you won't be happy nobody who loves you won't be happy either, because they'll worry for you. So I have no qualms. Every morning I sit with my book and a cup of delicious tea and I relax.

shaunche

I think having time to yourself is important for everyone - men and women. You don't need to go into a deep state of meditation to gain from the health benefits of mindfulness. Simply contemplating life and gazing at the stars will suffice.

aphil

I use the early morning hours for my me time. It is so quiet and the air so fresh. I pray, exercise, read and write during those times. It just kind of sets the tone for my day. Sometimes I will use the evening hours to unwind, after everyone else is asleep.

Melissa

None. Between working 70 hours a week and my sleepless 2 year old I havent had an hour to myself in about 2 years. Well I do get to sleep 4 hours a night....does that count? lol

Beth23

I have to admit I don't get the "me time" thing. If your doing something you enjoy then all of your time is me time whether your at work, doing errands or taking care of the kids. Make all your time fun and enjoyable and you have all the me time in the world.

When my kids were little I would workout 30 minutes in the morning. They would get up and most days workout with me. Watching a 3 year old do aerobics is a hoot. I love to hike in nature and I would take the kids along. I love my job and would work there whether I need money or not. I even look forward to my commute because I play all my favorite CDS or listen to podcasts.

Its more about how you look at what your doing with your time. For instance when most people are stuck in traffic they get stressed. I am siked though because it gives me more time to listen to my music and podcasts.

If the kids were getting under my feet while I was making dinner I would give them a task to do to help. I remember my son would love to shake the meat in the shake and bake bag. He would jump around the kitchen and wiggle his butt, it was so cute. These are the times I remember now not the bath I took or the 15 minutes of meditation.

I do know its hard with small kids but they need quiet me time alone to and if I needed to meditate or take a bath thats when I would do it. Just try to make more or the things you do enjoyable and fun.

shaunche

The problem is that most people are not doing what they enjoy. They work most of the day and then have to do cores around the house. Allocating time for yourself is important if you have a busy and stressful life, it will help you relax.

I set aside my weekends to have a personal time. I hang out with my friends on Saturdays and sometimes go to my family on Sundays or think of just traveling for one day to be out of the city or the monotony of my routine. It's very refreshing and healthy for me that way.

sandooch

Well, I'm a homemaker and even though my girls are 21 and 18 and don't need me to tend to there needs any more, I still don't make the time to do good things for myself. I should now more than ever because I've been stressing about our financial situation lately. I need to get back into my exercise and facial massage routine at least.

shaunche

Well, I'm a homemaker and even though my girls are 21 and 18 and don't need me to tend to there needs any more, I still don't make the time to do good things for myself. I should now more than ever because I've been stressing about our financial situation lately. I need to get back into my exercise and facial massage routine at least.
You should have more free time to do what you want to do now your girls are old enough to fend for themselves. Some parents enjoy the free time and others feel lonely when their children leave the nest and venture into adulthood. Having a positive outlook is important, as always.

Melissast

I don't have any me time. When my daughter is at school I'm cleaning the house or doing odd jobs to help earn us a bit more money. WhenShe us here I'm playing with her. It will be even harderto find time for myself in November when I have my other baby. I keep thinking that when both kids go to school I'll have some me time then, but I'll probbaly come up with reasons not to. For some reason spending any time for myself feels a bit selfish to me, but I understand the needf or it. If I took some time, I probbaly would be less stressed.

chabella

All Lady
I have started to dedicate Friday's to me and me alone. Even just an hour is fine but sometimes I will be honest, I will take two full hours to just pamper myself & do what needs to be done (no matter what it is as long as its not mom, wife or work related).

jovan107

I set aside the weekends for myself. I normally the person who everyone in my family comes to if they needed help with anything and a year ago I suffered a breakdown. Before I never had anytime for myself and it took having a breakdown for me to realize the importance of having ME time.