Most relaxing aromas

HerbJane

What do you find are the most relaxing aromas for you? I love Lavender and Vanilla to help me relax, a bit in the bath fixes me right up.

boobah

I am with you. My favorite scents are Lavender and Vanilla. There have been studies ran that have proved that both lavender and vanilla have positive effects on the body.

Thyme

I have to agree with both of you but only as far as Lavender goes. I hate vanilla, but I have all things lavender around the house from soaps to candles, etc. Just a hint of the smell puts me in a mellow mood.

soursop

I like lavander too but I love jasmine best. It really relaxes me. The sweet smell is so heavenly! Even my perfume is jasmine based.

ThymeforRodney

I enjoy the scent of Gardenia. I don't know why but for me it really helps me to relax. Lavender is nice too but I have to say that gardenia is the best for me. My wife has a cologne water that smells almost like the real thing, it's wonderful!

Georgia

I have several small pillows, only about 5 by 6 inches, and quite flat. Each has a small opening in the back to put in the herbs of your choice. Then you put the little pillow, underneath your regular pillow, and it helps to have a good, nights sleep. Of course, you need to have an herb which is relaxing for you. I love Rose and Gardenia, but for me they are more get up and go scents. I always put Lavender in my little pillows. Putting Lavender essential oil in my bath is also a great help to relaxing before bed.

Nature's Gift

There's a new essential oil that we have found to be extraordinarily relaxing...it's common name is Cape Chamomile, (Eriocephalus Punctulatus) and it's grown and produced only in South Africa. It's not related to the more wellknown Roman Chamomile or German Chamomile, and doesn't have the same anti-inflammatory characteristics, but it is the best stress reducer and relaxer I have experienced.